Contribute
Register

Nvidia GeForce 460 GTX Mountain Lion (10.8.2) All work fine. Instruction and kexts inside!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, can you give me screen shot or text of crash log?
I try help you

Hi, Thanks so much for responding!:thumbup: I have reverted back to 10.8, but I will try to reinstall 10.8.2, and video the boot up process in single user for you, and if Im not able to upload the video, ill post the most important screen shots. As far as I can see everything boots fine, the problem happens when I try to exit into the system from single user and start to enter the login screen. Then my monitors act as if they are not connected to any source of video (they have power, just as if the cable were unplugged). I was able to VNC in one time and noticed in the system information that my video card was not properly recognized. I am unable to VNC anymore, and there is not onboard graphics.

I do not know where to find the crash log. If you could tell me how to send it to you, I would gladly send that as well. Whatever information you need about the system and the problem just ask. I will be as detailed as I can. Thanks again so much for you help.

Since Lion, my GTX 460 from Zotac Works without freeze or any other issues, only need to patch for OpenCL but since 10.8.2 this issue is gone too. Your issues must be related to other things.

Good Luck

Hi, Thanks so much for responding!:thumbup: I have reverted back to 10.8, but I will try to reinstall 10.8.2, and video the boot up process in single user for you, and if Im not able to upload the video, ill post the most important screen shots. As far as I can see everything boots fine, the problem happens when I try to exit into the system from single user and start to enter the login screen. Then my monitors act as if they are not connected to any source of video (they have power, just as if the cable were unplugged). I was able to VNC in one time and noticed in the system information that my video card was not properly recognized. I am unable to VNC anymore, and there is not onboard graphics.

I do not know where to find the crash log. If you could tell me how to send it to you, I would gladly send that as well. Whatever information you need about the system and the problem just ask. I will be as detailed as I can. Thanks again so much for you help.

Hi, try boot with parameters: PCIRootUID=1
If not start PCIRootUID=0

Hi,

I'm not using those drivers, because my card worked OOB with a fresh 10.8.2 installation and GraphicsEnabler=Yes, but I think the performance is not as good as it should. I ran cinebench with 29.37 FPS and luxmark with a 689 score.

Could you please post some results to see if they are similar or completely wrong.

Thanks a lot!

I was fully up and running with graphics acceleration etc as well. After my initial install all I had to do was install the MultiBeast-provided OpenCL patches for 10.8.x and I couldn't be happier. Any instability I may have would be due to my OC settings, but I think I've fixed that with a BIOS update.

Luxmark: I don't quite understand how it works..

Unigine Heaven: http://darwinanimeserver.kicks-ass.n...1126_1048.html <=== it only detected my CPU being at stock 3.3 GHz, but I am running at 4.2 GHz (on water cooling no less). I dunno if you're OC'd (overclocked) but those're my results and I'm super happy being that the GTX 460 family of GPUs is just under 2 years old now but still going strong.

Haha I forgot that I posted to this thread with a success story... Here I am 2 years later... and I'm trying to Hackintosh again, but on a different board.. an Asrock z77 Pro3.. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back