Contribute
Register

Nvidia 8400 GS 512 DDR3 Success *another method*

Status
Not open for further replies.
david_epshtein said:
hi

it's work for 'zotac geforce 8400GS 512MB 64BIT DDR2 ? ? ?

* this note on the box of the graphics card

i have this card and i try some ways - nvenabler, dsdt, efi and others and on the first i sucusess recive 1 monitor work good with qe/ci but after some updates it'n gone.
hawever, i don't sucsess recive signal on my 2 monitors never (on hacintosh, but on the same computer with dual operation system on win7 - on the first operation, it's work very good)

anyone know this card and sure it's work ??
:?: :?:

i suggest you try it first, since this method not using hacked kexts. anyway,AFAIK for 8400GS with DDR2 is easy to make it work, what is your device id bytheway for your card?

david_epshtein said:
hai

sory, but what is device id bytheway for my card and how i find it ??
:)

System Information under Utilities inside application

Okay, so I got the graphics card to work, even went and bought the same one you have, the zotac.

Now, my mouse doesnt want to work. It just moves randomly when i try to move it. any ideas? this is my first mac >.<

Edit: Mouse will work fine if i hold within 10 inches of the little wireless dongle. changed batteries. no effect. its as if the dongle isnt pulling enough power from the usb? any ideas?

redwolf1017 said:
Okay, so I got the graphics card to work, even went and bought the same one you have, the zotac.

Now, my mouse doesnt want to work. It just moves randomly when i try to move it. any ideas? this is my first mac >.<

Edit: Mouse will work fine if i hold within 10 inches of the little wireless dongle. changed batteries. no effect. its as if the dongle isnt pulling enough power from the usb? any ideas?
U use wireless keyboard? Did u use additional cable to make your dongle reachable? It's another problem i guess, since udidnt mention that before you install or update for graphic card driver.

arikstress said:
redwolf1017 said:

U use wireless keyboard? Did u use additional cable to make your dongle reachable? It's another problem i guess, since udidnt mention that before you install or update for graphic card driver.
yeah its a wireless mouse. it worked fine before i used multibeast. im just going to go buy a 10$ wired mouse.

redwolf1017 said:
arikstress said:
redwolf1017 said:

yeah its a wireless mouse. it worked fine before i used multibeast. im just going to go buy a 10$ wired mouse.

well, somebody in tonymac in this forum was using wireless microsoft keyboard and mouse, and it's working without installing voodoops2 kext in multi beast. in other way, you can say it's working out of the box. if you install multi beast and it's not working, may be you was install kext for keyboard / mouse ps2. you can check in your /S/L/E was those kext installed or not, if it's installed, you should remove it and reboot your system. if you not installed it and u sure about it there are no voodoops2.kext inside /S/L/E , then if you use wireless, you should has usb dongle . note, usb. so perhaps you must find whether your usb is normal or not. try to find out did your wireless working using Legacy USB or not.

Thank you, I had my MSI 8400GS DDR3 1GB worked with full resolution + QE/QI by changing the id in NV50HAL kext, but it gets real bad Cinebench 11.5 OpenGL score (around 7score).

Do you guys have the same problem? :( How's your Cinebench openGL score?

Im having trouble getting this card working I have the Gigabyte version, can i just recap your methods, to see if I'm getting it right.

Install Retail SL with Iboot.
Once finished boot up and run 10.6.8 combo update.
Install Nvidia driver.
Check system profile, see if card is recognised.
Run Multibeast Lion Version, do housekeeping, reboot.

???

Mainboard : GA-73PVM-S2H LGA 775 with Intel Core 2 Duo 3 GHz
Graphics: Gigabyte 8400GS
Wireless: ?
Sound: working oob

I've managed to find a solution for the "This computer will not support this NVIDIA graphics solution"

-Move the install package to desktop
-right-click show package contents
-inside contents folder there is a distribution.dist file open it with text edit
-found where is says "var found_hardware = 0" and make it 1 that is "var found_hardware = 1"

cheers ;)

I'm not having any luck installing this NVIDIA driver package. Even the found_hardware thing didn't work. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back