Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm having issues with 10.8.2, Aperture 3.4, and my 660ti MSI Twin Frozr IV. Using Aperture, at random intervals, the OSX GUI will freeze. Console logs show the problem to be an NVDA Channel Exception causing my graphics card to crash. I am unable to update to 10.8.4 using the combo fix. I am on the latest Aperture release compatible with 10.8.2. GraphicsEnabler=No. Does anyone know how to fix this? I've heard that updating to 10.8.4 will solve the graphics problem as 10.8.4 added better support for the 660ti, but I can't update (I KP and or freeze at boot and can not get into safe mode). What am I doing wrong?

I'm having issues with 10.8.2, Aperture 3.4, and my 660ti MSI Twin Frozr IV. Using Aperture, at random intervals, the OSX GUI will freeze. Console logs show the problem to be an NVDA Channel Exception causing my graphics card to crash. I am unable to update to 10.8.4 using the combo fix. I am on the latest Aperture release compatible with 10.8.2. GraphicsEnabler=No. Does anyone know how to fix this? I've heard that updating to 10.8.4 will solve the graphics problem as 10.8.4 added better support for the 660ti, but I can't update (I KP and or freeze at boot and can not get into safe mode). What am I doing wrong?

I thought the 660 Ti didn't have that problem. Good thing I didn't buy one yet.

You could use the freezefix program from the fermi freeze thread and see if that helps. It works great for my 560Ti. Not a single freeze. Link-->http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...ermi-freeze-back-latest-drivers-10-8-3-a.html

Thanks for the suggestion! I'm downloading now and I'll see if this fixes my problem. At least it's a bandaid until I can find out why I can't update my system. I'll see if this works and let you know.

Well after an impromptu stress test in Aperture with other programs running in the background, no crash. I can't ever duplicate my crashes reliably, but this is at least a start!

Well I've since had several freezes with freezefix running, no dice I guess. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Having the same problem here. 10.8.4 with an Asus GeForce 660 GTX driving dual monitors. Channel Exceptions occasionally in Chrome, and very often when attempting to play games that use OpenGL (Back to the Future.)

The Freezefix app from the Fermi thread seems to lessen how often the channel exception lockups happen, but it really could be in my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back