Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
does the GT 640 Fully support ? openCL and openGL / dual monitor / >>> adobe suite / finalcut .... etc / no issues ??? is all of that OOB

Everything works except untested software. I can try Adobe Maya 2012 not sure how soon though. I still am trying everything I know to get the 550 ti to work.

Hello!
My card: NVIDIA GeForce Fermi based GT 430. Mountain lion installed and i have these problems:

- screen pictured
- blue screen and system freeze if i try to change resolution from the optimal to different. In this case, I am forced to shut down the PC with the power button. I attach the ioreg.

Attachments

• iMac di enrico .zip
    411.9 KB · Views: 76
NOT GOOD! http://netkas.org/?p=1195 Looks like there will not be graphic driver updates in the upcoming 10.8.1 update. Well not in the Beta anyway.
Trying to decide whether to go for the 640 or wait until the 650 is released and see if anyone can get that working since Kepler cards seem to be the new toy with Apple. Just how bad is the 640 vs 550 performance-wise?

Edit: scratch that! just looked at comparitive specs and will rather wait for the 650 or sell my body for a 560 :eek:

I think there will be a solution for us. There are many people with this problem, and also this problem is present on Mountain Lion but not on Lion, so if there will not be graphics driver updates soon, maybe we can find a way to inject the Lion drivers and make it work as before, keeping Mountain Lion.
I know ML drivers are better, since Cinebench and Luxmark gives me better results, but also it is unstable and full of problems, and Lion drivers provides a poorer performance but without problems.

Edit: scratch that! just looked at comparitive specs and will rather wait for the 650 or sell my body for a 560 :eek:

I ordered a cheap'ish 640 to run until this get sorted. If it never gets sorted, then the 550 TI will go to my daughter's game rig and I will move on from there. The 550 TI is a nice card. I don't regret getting it...also also rocks in Lion, Linux and Windows.

We shall see. I spend most of my computing on the new 15" MBP w/ Retina now anyway...thing is addictive.

I just ordered new parts based off of the newest customac build article and decided to go with parts the same as tonymac himself used. Here is a list of parts I used for my build:

Gigabyte Z77-DS3H UEFI Bios
i7 3770K ivy bridge
Corsair vengeance 1600 8gb x2
And the infamous EVGA GTX 550 Ti

I'm sad to report that I seem to be having the same issues as everyone else after sleep, screen saver, and manually powering off and on the monitor.

Ive seen a couple possible solutions here and there and I will be trying anything any possible solutions I come across and I will report back here with any results.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

EDIT: One more thing worth noting, my card is recognized as a 1.5gb despite being a 1gb. The device ID shown is 0x1244
Dual monitors do work.

NOT GOOD! http://netkas.org/?p=1195 Looks like there will not be graphic driver updates in the upcoming 10.8.1 update. Well not in the Beta anyway. :eek:

You don't need to wait for a OS update to release an updated driver...

Still, I would recommend editing the devids to try to load the Kepler driver instead...

Still, I would recommend editing the devids to try to load the Kepler driver instead...

Has anyone tried to do that yet?

Ive seen a couple possible solutions here and there and I will be trying anything any possible solutions I come across and I will report back here with any results.

I have yet to see something wroth trying or something that others have not tried and reported back is not working. I think we will need a new kext for/from nvidia.

I will add that I messed with my 10.8 drive so much that I somehow managed to FUBAR my 10.7 drive...I have pulled 10.8 and will wait for my replacement card.

Editing DevIDS just into the NVDA100GKhal.kext or reflash your videocard with Kepler ID's ?

I tried the first option doesnt work KP on loading NVDA100GKhal.kext

Editing DevIDS just into the NVDA100GKhal.kext or reflash your videocard with Kepler ID's ?

I tried the first option doesnt work KP on loading NVDA100GKhal.kext

Umm don´t. forget about re-flashing, won't do you any good. With a bit of lack the codepaths for fermi weren't stripped out in the kepler driver.. Unlikely but worth a try.

Well... unfortunately there is nothing bug wait... Maybe anybody could report the issue in http://www.nvidia.com/object/driverqualityassurance.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back