Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have MSI GT 430 Dual Fan. After updating my PC to ML, everytime i tried to change resolution it stucked at blue screen. then i found http://www.osx86.net/view/2915-10.8_nvidia_geforce_gt_430_fully_working_...html and installed the edited natit.kext, AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext and NVDAGF100Hal.kext after a fresh install of ML. Restarted and i was able to change resolution with no QE/CE etc. After that i installed easybeast via multibeast which includes GraphicsEnabler to enable full performance and all other files in the above download. But right after setting GraphicsEnabler=Yes I was again unable to change resolution but thanks to the above kexts that allowed me to change the resolution once to the native resolution of my LCD.

I have MSI GT 430 Dual Fan. After updating my PC to ML, everytime i tried to change resolution it stucked at blue screen. then i found http://www.osx86.net/view/2915-10.8_nvidia_geforce_gt_430_fully_working_...html and installed the edited natit.kext, AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext and NVDAGF100Hal.kext after a fresh install of ML. Restarted and i was able to change resolution with no QE/CE etc. After that i installed easybeast via multibeast which includes GraphicsEnabler to enable full performance and all other files in the above download. But right after setting GraphicsEnabler=Yes I was again unable to change resolution but thanks to the above kexts that allowed me to change the resolution once to the native resolution of my LCD.

Are you able to use fullscreen apps?

Ive noticed that when i boot into safe mode, going in and out of display and computer sleep is no problem. has anyone else noticed this? what is it that safe mode is not loading as opposed to normal booting? im using GTX 550 Ti

I got Fullscreen apps and screen resolution changing on my GTX 550Ti!

The only problem is that I have no idea of what I did, it just started working after I installed the DSDT of my motherboard (GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3), EasyBeast Install on multibeast, audio and network kext. (Which I believe to be completely unrelated)

Videos are working, animations are perfect, nothing is choppy, its just like its runnning OOB!

This is really weird..

I got Fullscreen apps and screen resolution changing on my GTX 550Ti!

The only problem is that I have no idea of what I did, it just started working after I installed the DSDT of my motherboard (GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3), EasyBeast Install on multibeast, audio and network kext. (Which I believe to be completely unrelated)

Videos are working, animations are perfect, nothing is choppy, its just like its runnning OOB!

This is really weird..

Can you go fullscreen with the iTunes visualizer then get back out of it?

I have read if you install UEFI Bios this will fix the issue

Nope. My board (GA-Z77m-D3H) runs UEFI, all issues are present. Or rather, were present: my 550Ti went back to the shop, at the moment I'm running on the Intel HD 4000, which works surprisingly well. It even gives me the native 1920x1200 of my display now, which it didn't in the beginning (stuck at 1024x768 with no other options). No idea what I've done to fix that, but who cares if it works.

Waiting for the pricing of the new GTX 660Ti (Kepler), maybe I'll go for one of those.

That's interesting about safe mode. No idea of the answer to your question. Will have a play with that myself.

I've been experimenting with changing to a MacPro4,1 smbios instead of the 3,1 I've been using forever. That and adding my device id (1244) to AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Info.plist under the MacPro4,1 section. Stopped using an efi string for the card too and just use graphics enabler = yes. Now the gtx550ti appears under pci as well as graphics/display again. No fix for this sleep issue though.

One weird thing worth mentioning – I have two ML installs, one clean for testing, one my upgraded day to day Lion system. I booted into the clean one at one point and set the 'mobile' screensaver going but on my main display the border around the image was corrupted, the really bizarre thing was that the corruption was garbled bits of windows from apps I'd been using *on the other system*! Looks like something stuck in a buffer on the graphics card at the last broken wake from sleep.

Yeah so it'd be great if we could get this fixed. Had the problem where coming back out of display sleep, the desktop was just unresponsive. I could move the mouse but not do anything. Left the system alone for 15 minutes and nothing ever happened so I had to do a hard reset...which killed my MOBO.

Tested the PSU with a paperclip and that's still working so I don't think it's that. Tried doing a CMOS reset, pulled the CMOS battery, manually tried to jumb the power switch on the mobo and nothing worked.

So...yeah...be careful.

Yeah so it'd be great if we could get this fixed. Had the problem where coming back out of display sleep, the desktop was just unresponsive. I could move the mouse but not do anything. Left the system alone for 15 minutes and nothing ever happened so I had to do a hard reset...which killed my MOBO.

Tested the PSU with a paperclip and that's still working so I don't think it's that. Tried doing a CMOS reset, pulled the CMOS battery, manually tried to jumb the power switch on the mobo and nothing worked.

So...yeah...be careful.

:'(

Edit: Found something useful, this post isn't clutter after all.

http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1710

I'm not sure what this guy did, but it seems like it worked. I don't know if that got him to just base functionality or if it involved graphics acceleration and sleep as well, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back