Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I noticed when I was still using my GT430, the card showed up in System Profiler/System Information under both Graphics/Displays and PCI Cards. Now that I'm on a Kepler card, and everything works properly, it shows only in Graphics/Displays. PCI Cards is empty.

Has anyone else noticed their Fermi showing up under the PCI Cards entry?

One thing I noticed when I was still using my GT430, the card showed up in System Profiler/System Information under both Graphics/Displays and PCI Cards. Now that I'm on a Kepler card, and everything works properly, it shows only in Graphics/Displays. PCI Cards is empty.

I confirm, on both Graphics/Displays and PCI Cards shows up.

Graphics/Displays:

GeForce GTS 450:

Chipsatz-Modell: GeForce GTS 450
Typ: GPU
Bus: PCIe
Steckplatz: Slot-1
PCIe-Lane-Breite: x16
VRAM (gesamt): 1024 MB
Hersteller: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Geräte-ID: 0x0dc4
Versions-ID: 0x00a1
ROM-Version: 70.06.1F.00.01
Monitore:
AL2216W:
Auflösung: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz
Pixeltiefe: 32-Bit Farbe (ARGB8888)
Monitor-Seriennummer: LA10C0144011
Hauptmonitor: Ja
Synchronisierung: Aus
Eingeschaltet: Ja
Rotation: Unterstützt

PCI-Cards

GeForce GTS 450:

Name: NVDA,Display-B
Typ: Monitor-Controller
Treiber installiert: Ja
MSI: Ja
Bus: PCI
Steckplatz: Slot-1
Hersteller-ID: 0x10de
Geräte-ID: 0x0dc4
Subsystem-Hersteller-ID: 0x1458
Subsystem-ID: 0x0010
ROM-Version: 70.06.1F.00.01
Versions-ID: 0x00a1
Link-Breite: x16
Link-Geschwindigkeit: 2.5 GT/s

Strange is there where is "Type" GPU - Monitor Controller, what now?

Name: NVDA,Display-B

I had this showing up too. I also had some strange things showing up in console for a Display-A. I wonder if it is somehow detecting the card twice.

I really have no idea what this means or how it could help. It must be related though...

edit efi string
1024->512 or other size
good luck

edit efi string
1024->512 or other size
good luck

Can you give more information how to do that ? I Suggested this in a few posts back. I saw an article explainiung this by adding Nvidia Graphic Properties to the DSDT but you need to do that for the whole part and its to complicated for me. But I dont have experience with forcing the video ammount to 512 MB by using an EFI string.

So please give an example.

Cheers !

iirc with my GTX550ti PCI is empty when I use an efi string in device properties (memory size is correctly reported as 1 gig) vs just using graphics enabler yes (memory is incorectly reported ast 1.5 gig as everyone says).

I had noticed it was different from how my old gts250 was reported in system info.

Has anyone tried this guy's solution? (Didn't work for me, but YMMV...)

Anyone know how it works?

Also, I can still return my graphics card. Can anyone recommend a card that costs as much or less (don't want to spring for the 560) that works out of the box with Mountain Lion? If I get one of the cards that comes with the new iMacs I should be fine right?

I generated efi strings for my evga gtx550ti, and replaced the one I was already using (set to 1gb), in my chameleon boot.plist results:

768mb: About the same as 1gb, 10 secs or so to go to sleep etc, but a completely black screen on wake instead of grey with a password dialog (I've since turned off the requirement for a password).

512mb: Much faster to go to sleep, but still garbled visuals and a reboot required on wake.

Conclusion: setting the memory lower is no help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back