Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, sleep/wake is working or not? also turning Monitor Off and On again while you are in Mountain Lion?.

thanks

monitor on and off is working for me,, and i dont get any issues.. But sleep/wake isnt working for me.

I had my system running perfect for a couple weeks now. No problems so far I could tell. The hack is used for gaming, rendering/converting and usual stuff. On sunday I converted two 1080p videos for youtube. Around midnight I started to upload them and went to bed. As I woke up I noticed that the hack fell into sleep - so I woke it up to see if youtube has finished: in the moment I touched the scrollwheel a kernel panic appeared! :-O I rebooted and tried again. Safari opened up with the same page and FREEZE! Normally it just freezes right? The panic was related to GeForce ... Something. Maybe it has to do with it.
Anyway... Finally I succeeded with resetting Safari and the problem didn't reoccur.

:( I also never had problems in Lion

Normally, the [PCI Configuration Begin] hang is solved by booting with this kernel flag: npci=0x3000

i will try tonight, thanks!

Did you tried that? Maybe you require also PCIRootUID=0 or PCIRootUID=1

normally i boot with PCIRootUID=0 during installation process but after run multibeast i dont need it anymore

The thing is that since i have the Sleep/Wake issue on ML, i now also need sometimes two or three reboots till i'm in Mountain Lion. Because the Graphics card hangs Up and gives me a white screen. If it would be only the Sleep/Wake that would not work, that would be easy, but daily reboot two or three times to reach the Desktop is just not so good for a Hackintosh.

I replaced my 550 ti with a msi power edition gtx 660 ti and now osx is a breeze no problems at all just use GE=No at installer and works out io the box it also is a close performer to the 670

What about sleep/wake issues. I bought the gigabyte 660 ti a week ago or so myself, to replace my pony 550 ti because of all the issues. And yes, it does work out of the box, except for wake,. It goes to sleep just fine, but will not allow the dsplay to wake up, all the other peripherals come out of sleep, I can tell becaue I hear them, also have less on fans, that light back up when waking. So I am still not satisfied,as everything is not working 100%. Yeah, I know I am picky, but I am also a real Mac owner, so I want it working just like my macs do. So I may send this card back, and buy another if I can find one that everthing works on. Any suggestions? This is in reference to Mountain Lion. 550 ti worked perfect in Lion.

I can recommend the GTX 670: not cheap, but great. And none of the problems we've seen with the 550 Ti and other Fermi-based cards. Basically, it comes down to this (more or less): Fermi cards bad, Kepler cards good. These include the aforementioned 670, the even more expensive 680, the ridiculous 690, but also the more affordable (and still great) 660 Ti and the rather cheap (but slow-ish) 640. Keep an eye on the homepage here, the guys are known to post news about new & compatible graphics cards as they come along. For starters, check out this one about the GTX 660 (non-Ti) and 650 announcement next week:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/177-geforce-gtx-660-gtx-650-announcement-next-week.html
Geforce (Gigabyte) 660 ti, monitor will not wake from sleep. So not all peaches and cream, but better than the 550 it replaced. But I am not happy.

games works too? like L4D2 in fullscreen or same stuff

What I'd like to know is, were there any official Fermi cards for Mac Pro, and if so, are they suffering the same problems under ML. I have to presume that if Fermi cards for Mac Pro exist, that they are not, in fact, causing problems in ML, because Apple wouldn't let them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back