Contribute
Register

Not Shy's Guide - Potentially Fix Bluetooth Sleep/Wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
rcoden26 said:
I'm a bit of a noob. I got the hex to decimal conversion down, but I'm just not sure where in the kext file to place the "duplicate" info, and I really don't want to spend my day restoring my system. Could you place the kext file online and have a pointer where to input our vendor and product id.

Any help is appreciated.

I have found this task as a great learning experience and I am keen that other people learn from it too.

S/L/E - is System/Library/Extensions - please go to your snow leopard install drive and nagivate through those folders - there you will find the IOBluetoothFamily.kext

Please copy that to a safe place (create a folder in Documents or something) and also copy it to your desktop.

On the one on your desktop - right click or CTRL click and go to Open Package contents on that kext that you've copied - navigate through the folders to plugs-ins, open the relevant kext's contents again and find the relevant info.plist in your favourite text editor.

If you have a look in there then you will see a whole bunch of information in the IOKitPersonalities section - and you will see a repeating pattern of entries - similar to the one that I have shown. Then therei s clearly a vendor ID and product ID section in the code that I posted.

The reason I haven't posted mine was because as you will read at the start of my post - I tried to use someone elses kext and install it and it didn't work on my system. What worked as to take me kext and to add my bluetooth chip into the current driver.

Sorry - I hope this helps but I'd like people to learn the method so that they can apply it for their specific chip set type and IDs.

Please post again if you need more help with the details of what you have tried.

Also if you back up your original kext - you can restore it using KextBeast.

If you really break the kext - then boot in safe mode (Type "-x" at Chamelon screen) and you can restore your kext using kext beast - repair cache - reboot and all will be good.

Thank's for this guide... :D

works near perfect with my Belkin Bluetooth Mini-Key Adapter
I now have the option "Allow bluetooth devices to wake this computer" :clap:
but wake from sleep only with keyboard not with magic mouse :?

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B001BROKXO/?tag=tonymacx8603-21

Vendor-ID: 0x50d
Produkt-ID: 0x16a

Code:
</dict>
		<key>Broadcom2046FamilyUSBBluetoothHCIController_XB</key>
		<dict>
			<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
			<string>com.apple.driver.BroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIController</string>
			<key>IOClass</key>
			<string>Broadcom2045FamilyUSBBluetoothHCIController</string>
			<key>IOProviderClass</key>
			<string>IOUSBDevice</string>
			<key>IOProviderMergeProperties</key>
			<dict>
				<key>ClassicMustNotSeize</key>
				<true/>
			</dict>
			<key>LMPLoggingEnabled</key>
			<false/>
			<key>idProduct</key>
			<integer>362</integer>
			<key>idVendor</key>
			<integer>1293</integer>

thgill said:
@notshy What kind of range does that Trust BT adapter get? Thinking about picking up an Apple wireless keyboard (to replace my older Apple USB model) and magic trackpad and need to also get a BT adapter but concerned about range issues.

I know some of these adapters are only good for a couple feet at most and if you have you computer under your desk and a couple feet away...well, they no worky.

I've got a load of USB ports on the front of my machine using the extra USB headers on the motherboard so I've got it at the front. It's quite small and black so looks good and fits in nicely.

I haven't tried putting the dongle in one of the rear USB ports but I can test this later for you.

Whoooop - I was getting worried at the start that this wasn't going to fix anyone else's Bluetooth Dongle other than mine !!!

Tony - Thanks for the link! Do you think it would be worth while adding chip sets to the Wiki to help show the difference between the Broadcom and Cambridge chip support?

I feel back that I haven't got on the Wkiki before but I'll get to this for my BT Dongle entry if you think it's worth it.

Keep the questions coming ....
:clap:

marosell said:
notshy said:
I haven't tried it at the rear but I can test this later for you.

It's a good thing we all know you're talking about usb ports.
Rumbled .... :oops:

damn...

Update: wake from sleep only with wireless keyboard not with magic mouse :?
and i get some console errors now:

17.11.10 17:02:45 kernel E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][StartBulkPipeRead] ClearPipeStall failed with error 0xe00002ed.
17.11.10 17:02:45 kernel E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController]WARNING !!!! [DeviceRequestCompleteHandler] error e00002ed
17.11.10 17:02:45 kernel E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][BulkInReadHandler] Received kIOReturnNotResponding error - retrying: 1.
17.11.10 17:02:50 kernel E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController]WARNING !!!! [DeviceRequestCompleteHandler] error e00002ed
17.11.10 17:02:55 kernel E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][BulkOutWriteCompleteHandler] ERROR1: 0xe00002ed; sizeRem=00000000; isInactive = 0, suspended = 0
17.11.10 17:02:55 kernel E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][SendACLData] Bulk out [ACL] data failed. (error = 0xe000404f )
17.11.10 17:02:55 kernel E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][SendACLData] Bulk out [ACL] data failed. (error = 0xe000404f )
17.11.10 17:02:55 kernel E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController]WARNING !!!! [DeviceRequestCompleteHandler] error e00002ed
17.11.10 17:03:01 kernel E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][BulkOutWriteCompleteHandler] ERROR1: 0xe00002eb; sizeRem=00000009; isInactive = 1, suspended = 0
17.11.10 17:03:01 kernel E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][BulkOutWriteCompleteHandler] ERROR1: 0xe00002eb; sizeRem=00000009; isInactive = 1, suspended = 0

_KF_ said:
damn...

Update: wake from sleep only with wireless keyboard not with magic mouse :?
and i get some console errors now:

Code:
17.11.10 17:02:45	kernel	E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][StartBulkPipeRead] ClearPipeStall failed with error 0xe00002ed.
17.11.10 17:02:45	kernel	E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController]WARNING !!!! [DeviceRequestCompleteHandler] error e00002ed
17.11.10 17:02:45	kernel	E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][BulkInReadHandler] Received kIOReturnNotResponding error - retrying: 1.
17.11.10 17:02:50	kernel	E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController]WARNING !!!! [DeviceRequestCompleteHandler] error e00002ed
17.11.10 17:02:55	kernel	E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][BulkOutWriteCompleteHandler] ERROR1: 0xe00002ed; sizeRem=00000000; isInactive = 0, suspended = 0
17.11.10 17:02:55	kernel	E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][SendACLData] Bulk out [ACL] data failed. (error = 0xe000404f )
17.11.10 17:02:55	kernel	E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][SendACLData] Bulk out [ACL] data failed. (error = 0xe000404f )
17.11.10 17:02:55	kernel	E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController]WARNING !!!! [DeviceRequestCompleteHandler] error e00002ed
17.11.10 17:03:01	kernel	E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][BulkOutWriteCompleteHandler] ERROR1: 0xe00002eb; sizeRem=00000009; isInactive = 1, suspended = 0
17.11.10 17:03:01	kernel	E:[AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController][BulkOutWriteCompleteHandler] ERROR1: 0xe00002eb; sizeRem=00000009; isInactive = 1, suspended = 0

Can you please post the contents of your System Profiler entries for your USB devices and also the Bluetooth one?

i.e.
System Profiler > Hardware > USB
and
System Profiler > Hardware > Bluetooth

Also can you search within which ever Plug-in Kext you edited for duplicate vendor or product IDs?

It's odd that it's on one device and not the other? Also looks like the error start with AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController rather than the one we've edited IOBluetoothFamily.

Maybe there is a conflict somewhere or somewhere else that need to copy the coding.

I'm not on my hack at the moment but I will have a look later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back