Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Crosspost from viewtopic.php?f=79&t=20722 (wrong folder)

Hello,

I have successfully followed the installation procedure up to the end, after the install of MultiBeat. The own purchased Retail DVD is a Mac OSX 10.6.3. However, when the system is starting it gets stuck during the boot the apple screen.
In Verbose mode, I can read the following lines:

AppleRTL8169Ethernet: Unknown hardware version ID (2c000000)
AppleRTL8169Ethernet: probeHardware() failed
Waiting for DSMOS...
DSMOS has arrived
** Device in slot: SLOT--1 **
** Device in slot: SLOT--1 **
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

Also on some boots, I can find errors like :
diskxxx : ioctl(_IOR,'d',79,4) is unsupported

Anyway, the boot doesn't go further. Any tip ? I also looked on this forum and googled the issue, but couldn't really find a solution.

SnapMan noticed the issue with the LAN card, and suggested, if I can start with iBoot to install the Lnx2Mac RealtekRTL81xx package.

Actually, I don't plan to use that card, as I'll use an Airport Card, so I'll probably disable the LAN from BIOS if that's possible.

Did anyone experience the same issue ?

Cheers,

Hemie143

Hello,

Disabling the LAN card removed the error with AppleRTL8169Ethernet, but the boot still fails on :
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

I can't boot using iBoot. I get a screen requesting to restart the computer, with a panic message in the background.

Using "PCIRootUID -x -v", I get the same error and the system then freezes and the screen goes to black.

iBoot in safe mode also doesn't help. I get again the panic message :
panic(cpu 0 caller 0x563edd): "Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1504.14.12/iokit/Kernel.IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1387

Do you know how to fix this ?

Cheers,

Hemie143

Would you mind sharing what the issue was?

hemie143 said:
Nevermind, I found the issue.

Yes, please tell me your solution because I'm having the same exact problem you had. I've already tried booting with "PCIRootUID=1 -x" and "PCIRootUID=1 -x -v" and I get the same error:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back