Contribute
Register

nobodynose's Revamped Daily Driver: Intel Core i5-4590S - MSI H97M-G43 - Nvidia GTX 750

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the answer.
Seems beyond my skills on clover (as of today !)

Besides, I've been reading feedbacks on El Capitan. Many issues, apparently.
Hence I will go for the latest version of Yosemite (10.10.5).

and,

Use back Chimera.

Does it sound relevant ?

Thank you for the answer.
Seems beyond my skills on clover (as of today !)

Besides, I've been reading feedbacks on El Capitan. Many issues, apparently.
Hence I will go for the latest version of Yosemite (10.10.5).

and,

Use back Chimera.

Does it sound relevant ?

Actually, for a new installation, if you follow the El Capitan Unibeast Installation Guide, Unibeast will do the most difficult parts of configuring Clover - besides, after you've worked with it a little, Clover isn't that hard to work with. It's just a little intimidating because it's different.

To change the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi to OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, just mount your EFI partition - you can do it from the command line or simply use the EFIMounter v3 tool, which you can download from the Downloads section of this site, under Community Software. Then you can drag and drop the file into the folder EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI (be sure to remove the old one).

El Capitan has a few issues, but remember it's currently at version 10.11.0 - most operating systems have some issues at the ".0" stage. But it's your call whether you want to try El Capitan (with Clover) or stay on Yosemite (with Chimera). Remember that Clover is now the recommended boot loader by TonyMacX86.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back