Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,
I've been trying to get my hackintosh up and running with Lion using Unibeast etc. I had previously had success running a pretty stable version of Snow Leopard. I'm using a Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3 with an Intel Core i5 760 and a Nvidia GTX 460. However, after installing with Unibeast, which is successful, I then do my initial boot of Lion to configure user info etc. I download the latest Multibeast and run it, perform setups and restart. Here's where my issues start.
If I use the UserDSDT option (the F8 version for my mobo), my computer can never boot again. If I use EasyBeast, it will boot but I have no USB functionality (so, useless). I tried with and without the IOUSBRollback kext. Is there any other Kext I can use to enable my USB ports? The keyboard and mouse work fine during and post installation.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Did you resolve this? I'm having the same problem with an H55M-UD2H with an i3-530 and Asus 8400GS. Snow Leopard worked without any problems, but installing Lion has been a nightmare. I've got 10.7.2 installed and booting with Easybeast, but no USB functionality. Version 10.7.4 and/or UserDSDT have resulted in various problems with PCI Configuration Begin and RTC only one RAM bank errors.

I have the same board (Gigabyte H55M-USB3) and had the same issue in Mountain Lion, To get it working again, I had to take my boot drive and connect it to another system (i did it via USB) and then run multibeast on it, selecting the IOUSB roll back and reconfiguring chimera, thats all it took to get it up and running.

Hope that helps!

kermit1219 - what did you do to get a working install of ML on your GA-H55M-USB3. I cant get it to load in anything but safe mode.

OK, it's me, BillieJo the mad man. Tony must think I'm completely nuts.
I had a major rant yesterday about this on another thread I started.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/lion-desk...se-control-after-lion-multibeast-upgrade.html

I hate to be beaten by the machine so I wiped my HD last night and started the process all over again.
No luck. Lion 10.7.0 has NO USB control. Or to put it in other terms.
My mouse moves around the screen but will not click open any app or drive.
My keyboard is completely non functional although it is plugged into my GA-H55-USB3 MB.
So there is some connectivity but no control.

I don't understand what Kermit1219 wrote:
To get it working again, I had to take my boot drive and connect it to another system (i did it via USB) and then run multibeast on it, selecting the IOUSB roll back and reconfiguring chimera, thats all it took to get it up and running.

Where is the IOUSB rollback. In Misc... which is not covered in the online primer!

My boot drive or the drive I'm doing this on is connected via eSATA. I made 2 partitions and was able to CCC my SL 10.6.8 without any problem.
Works like a charm. This is all about ProTools and PT9HD works as it does on my internal boot drive.
Not wanting to overwrite PT9 I'm using an external drive to install Lion and PT10.
As I said the SL partition works perfectly. Everything!
The Lion partition has been a NIGHTMARE beyond belief.

Someone please figure this out!

BillieJo.

OK. For all of you that may be experiencing this problem after a week I've figured it out. I have to thank Patron Silver for helping me not throw this Hack out the window. It has a calming effect when drunk straight out of the bottle.

I went backwards in time and used UniBeast 1.3.0 to create my USB Lion Installer. I used the full Lion 10.7.4 update from the Apple website NOT 10.7.0 or 10.7.3.
They were all problematic. AND most importantly I used MultiBeast 4.0.3 to install Chimera. Every other version of MultiBeast (and I tried them ALL) crashed my system,
There's something about the darkwake and the new version of Chimera that my MB did not like. Constant Kernel Panics....

I still had no internet (via Ethernet) so I went to the RealTek site and downloaded the latest driver.
RealtekRTL81xx-0_0_90.pkg
You'll have to open Network Preferences, it will say "found new device" click on new device and then it will connect to your network.

So far everything is working as it should. Both my 10.6.8 and 10.7.4 partitions are functioning nicely. PT9HD is working on both.

Good luck.
BillieJo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back