Graphics
xfx radeon hd 6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, do anyone know to get OpenCL fully working on Lion?

I'm using XFX ATI Radeon HD 6850 and I'm getting this error from Luxmark: OpenCL ERROR: clBuildProgram(-11)

It's really strange because I thought my graphics card was compatible with Lion and even Mountain Lion. Besides the Luxmark error Unigine Heaven is almost always <20FPS and the lights (in the benchmark) are blinking/shaking when there is a moving scene. There certainly is something wrong with mac and its drivers, mac os x is clearly not making use of the 6850's full potential.

If you guys have also experienced the same problems with the 6xxx series please let me know. If you managed to fix it, I'd be very happy if you could post your solution for me/others to benefit from it. :)

Thank you!

Is your DVD Player working ? GE=Yes, AtiCFG=Duckweed and nothing for ATIPorts. All ports working but only 2 at a time.

Is your DVD Player working ? GE=Yes, AtiCFG=Duckweed and nothing for ATIPorts. All ports working but only 2 at a time.

Yep, DVD- / Bluray-player is working. I already have GraphicsEnabler=Yes. AtiCFG=Duckweed which I didn't have earlier didn't fix OpenCL, but did increase my graphics performance dramatically according to the Unigine Heaven 3.0 benchmark.

Nope, no ATIPorts used.

I had this prob with my 5770, 10.7.5 fixed it.

I had this prob with my 5770, 10.7.5 fixed it.

I want to update but I feel it's too risky. Besides I've seen that people had issues with FakeSMC on 10.7.5.

EDIT: No issues with FakeSMC with this card. OpenCL was fixed on 10.7.5 :D But the bad news is the performance decreased, and after sleep (which is another problem) Unique Heaven went from 50 fps down to 18 fps! It's a bug in 10.7.5 so I encourage all Radeon HD 68xx users to stay away from this update until a fix is available.

EDIT 2: The sleep bug can be fixed using the iMac 12,2 system definition. But graphics score is still a bit lower than 10.7.4. Imo it's still worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back