Contribute
Register

No HDMI Audio with GTX650 and GA-Z77-DS3H

Status
Not open for further replies.
So should I use this guide (referenced from the guide in post #2):
am I right to assume that I will be making DSDT files that are loaded with multibeast?
Missed the instructions,
v2 Mavericks HDMI Audio Guides

1. Select the matching processor graphics/motherboard series
  2. AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio installed with every Desktop configuration
Yes. The Nvidia guide is a supplement to the motherboard guide, not, instead of the motherboard guide.

No, MaciASL installs the edited dsdt as noted in the guide.

Thanks. I attempted follow the two guides and still no luck. I looked at the supplemental nvidia guide and one of the things it says is verify layout id (HDEF@1B) is 01000000. Mine is 03000000. I tried both the AMI with A1 and A3. I have attached both DSDT's. I'm not sure if I'm installing the DSDT's right. How do I do that straight from MaciASL?

Attachments

• DSDT AMI A1.aml
    38.7 KB · Views: 88
  • DSDT AMI A3.aml
    38.7 KB · Views: 89
  • IOJones 2.iojones
    708.2 KB · Views: 93
I tried both the AMI with A1 and A3.
How do I do that straight from MaciASL?
If you are not using HD4000 HDMI audio, you can use A1. Otherwise, A3 is fine; guide will be updated.
MaciASL/File/Save As../Extra/DSDT.aml (File Format: ACPI Machine Language Binary)

Thanks, that really helps clear up some things for me. I will try to start fresh and see if I don't have better luck this time.

OK, I have a few questions regarding the guide: HD4000 HDMI Audio (v2). I'm pretty sure I'm applying the patches right at this point. I'm applying:

1. AMI-Clean_Compile-7series
2. AMI-HD4000-AMD-Nvidia-A3

and I get no compile errors. This makes me wonder about step 1 of the guide (kext edits). Am I required to do any kext edits for my card? I haven't done any since the last Combo Update. I have been working under the impression I shouldn't do any. Also, I am under the impression I don't need to create an SSDT. Aside from that, I can't figure out why its not working. There is a step to remove HDAEnabler.kext and similar. Does this mean I should remove HDAEnabler.dylib from /Extra/Modules as well?

I'm applying:
Am I required to do any kext edits for my card?
I don't need to create an SSDT. Aside from that,
I can't figure out why its not working.
Does this mean I should remove HDAEnabler.dylib from /Extra/Modules as well?
Yes.
No kext edits for Nvidia.
ssdt or dsdt edits, not both.
The Nvidia guides include troubleshooting.
Last resort, Problem Reporting, Post #1, Mavericks: HDMI Audio - AppleHDA.
HDAEnabler.dylib is not necessary with an HDMI audio edited dsdt.

I appreciate all your help. I have started over several times with what seems to be the correct process. I think I may move it to the support thread with my attached files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back