CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello there

I'll start with listing my specs:
  • Asus Maximus VII Ranger(SurpremeFX 2014 Audio) I think this translates to ALC1150 (I could be wrong) - 6 Jacks in the back and 2 jacks in the front.
  • I7 4790k
  • 2x8 1866Mhz ram.
  • GTX 1080
  • 1TB HDD (Currently the only drive attached, because I am using this as a dummy drive for testing and configuring OSX)

Explanation:

I am rather new to the entire hackintosh community and I've managed to install OSX High Sierra 13.4.
I've installed the network drivers, Nvidia Web drivers and most of my USB ports are functioning and my speakers work. (From the back)

I've used the CloverALC to have functioning audio to start in the first place, because I had no clue what else to do.
Link: https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC
Currently using Audio ID: 1

The problem:
Now I have 2 front jacks 1x audio & 1x mic. When I connect my headset to these ports, nothing happens. No audio / no mic whatsoever. And I can't seem to switch to them in the audio control panel thingy.

Any helps / links / additional information is welcome!
If you need more information, please don't hasitate to ask!

Last edited:
When I connect my headset to these ports, nothing happens. No audio / no mic whatsoever.
Front panel problem; check connectors, front panel cable, HD Audio front panel connector to motherboard connection, etc.

Front panel problem; check connectors, front panel cable, HD Audio front panel connector to motherboard connection, etc.
It works perfectly fine in windows and ubuntu so I am pretty sure its all connected fine.

What connectors does your case have for audio? When my front panel audio didn't work in macos it was because I was using the ac 97 connector instead of the HD Audio connector. I swapped them and front panel audio works. Just a thought.
panel_connectors.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back