Contribute
Register

No free update for iWork 2013 possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
same problem :(
http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Business/Apple-iWork-06.shtml
Download and install iWork trial Don't open any iWork program

shut down computer boot with clover ( just boot clover with usb )
go to update .Now the update should appear and your mac app store. click update and the download should start.

I had this issue when I upgraded to Mavericks too.
You can work around it quite easily.

Please note I am not condoning piracy. I had bought iWork's on my original snow leopard install but at some point changed my Apple ID. As a result I could not then remember this id password combo and therefore could not update my apps. I even tried apple support!

1) you need to uninstall your iWork version. Which ever one you've got installed. Original/trial.

2) you then need to remove all traces of iWork preferences hidden in OSX. This is the tricky bit which I can't remember! I basically googled complete uninstall of iWork. Using spotlight searches to find and delete hidden .plist in application support etc.. As I said you'll need to google the exact folders files you need to remove.

3) now install the trial iWork again and this time it will now update to the full version I you have successfully removed the correct folders!

Good luck.

http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Business/Apple-iWork-06.shtml
Download and install iWork trial Don't open any iWork program

shut down computer boot with clover ( just boot clover with usb )
go to update .Now the update should appear and your mac app store. click update and the download should start.

And i confirm that it work like a charm ! :thumbup:

And i confirm that it work like a charm ! :thumbup:

Awesome to hear that!

I wrestled with Clover with no success since I'm a spoon feeder who has no idea what he's doing. LoL

After exploring other methods, I just took a spare external drive over to an iMac owning buddy. Plugged the sucker in, rebooted to the recovery partition, installed Mavericks on my external drive using my Apple ID, booted to that drive, installed iLife 11 and iWork 09 from my DVDs, initiated the update in MAS, paused them as soon as they started, shut down the iMac, unplugged my drive and went home and completed the update on my Hackintosh without further trouble.

Of course, this isn't an option for those without access to an actual Mac running Mountain Lion or Mavericks but I thought I'd share a less technical solution. iLife and iWork are now forever associated with my Apple ID. No more headaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back