XFX 6870 ZNFC
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello...

I'm trying to get my Sabrent BT-USBT bluetooth dongle to work... but I'm getting a bit frustrated.

When I check system preferences, there is not option for bluetooth. When using spotlight to search the only bluetooth program seems to be bluetooth file exchange. When I click that it gives me a message stating "No Bluetooth Hardware Found"

I have my dongle plugged in, but nothing.

I opened up my network settings, and there was also nothing about bluetooth in the left side frame.

Am I supposed to install something to activate bluetooth? help?
:banghead:

Running Version 10.6.8

in my system profiler, bluetooth section, I'm receiving "No Information Found"

help please?

It means that OSX did not detect your Bluetooth or no KEXT associating with it.
-Try different USB port.
-Search forum and Internet for this particular model and see if they are working OOB.

http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=26879

This is a bit of a late reply. I think my bluetooth dongle isn't working properly. Since its too late to return it, I decided to pick up an iogear bluetooth and try again. Hoping this works and the sabrenet was a defect... Thanks for your responses!

I'm actually typing this on my wireless apple keyboard and was able to navigate here using the magic mouse.

Turns out the sabrent was a dud and the iogear works straight out of the box. Wasted 15 bucks on that sabrent bluetooth dongle, but feels good completing my hackintosh after months of using a crappy logitech keyboard and mouse.

Thanks all for helping

It appears I may also have a bad BT-USBT adapter from Sabrent. After trying unsuccessfully to get it to work on the Hackintosh, I tried it on my Mac Pro. Removed a verified working Apple BT from the mobo and plugged in the Sabrent. Nothing recognized and no BT pref pane. Pull the Sabrent, plug in the factory board back in and everything is fine. Will have a look at the BT database and try alternate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back