Graphics
geforce 560ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
:banghead: I've installed lion on this sandy build and can't seem to get the audio to work have tried to edit the tonymac dsdt but it also seems to be fine. I can't seem to work out the whole interim 898 solution everyone else talks about. Is there an Multi-Beast kext set that would give me a simple audio solution for now.

I had it working for a week, then it stopped. Haven't been able to get it back.

I am also in the silent corner with that mobo even if I tried the new multibeast with built in Toleda fix.

Maybe this 898 is hard to crack? Anyone tried the Vodoo driver for it? Heard it might work but sound crap ;)

dannywm said:
ketilschei said:
I am also in the silent corner with that mobo even if I tried the new multibeast with built in Toleda fix.

Maybe this 898 is hard to crack? Anyone tried the Vodoo driver for it? Heard it might work but sound crap ;)

whats the story with the voodoo driver? if i try it is it easy for me to go back the other way?

Well...as a fresh builder I will need to be careful, but I heard its kind of a universal audio driver. Please arrest me if I am wrong :oops:

My therapy getting thru so far was to paint the kitchen between the storms :lol:

I've still not gotten anywhere. I tried the Easy Beast method and no dice I may try it again since it's so easy installing anyway any tips.

any progress - i tried voodoo. it didnt work.
is there anyone on this board that has gotten the ud5h to work wtih audio?
toleda has a hunch that i may have a hardware issue, but it seems weird because other people with the same board seem to have the same problems.

also, have any of you guys had an issue playing html5 videos? they freeze on my computer. very odd. and they wouldnt play at all until i downloaded flash. which seems odder, because.....they aren't flash videos.
i know this isnt the forum for this...but just wanted to see if it was a board thing.[/quote]

Well I got sound using the Apogee One connected in the USB. Its a brilliant audio interface, I even do voice over recording with when I am travelling. Its a piece of work that little box!!!

Dont think I will bother much with sound from the mobo until it turns vanilla :)

Have you tried to delete the appleupstream kext ? It made my video play.

Yea, I have the same issue with this board and a 3770k processor. I got it working just once, and now it won't work anymore. Been using a SoundBlaster X-Fi USB which works but I can definitely tell the sound isn't as clear as it should be. I plan on using a different sound card anyways, built in sound sucks IMHO.

same audio issue - no sound - mountain lion

Did anyone figure this one out for the z77x-ud5h?

I got the mac to recognize there was a sound system by running MultiBeast and selecting Realtek ALC8xx, but even though the system seems to find a sound interface - no audio.

Having same the issue

I'm also having the same issue. I did try all the possibilities, but none worked for me. Even I reinstalled ML, no luck.

It is well documented the green port does not work with OS X installed on the Z77X-UD5H. However, users have found the black port works fine (select the second Line Out in Preferences/Sound/Output). To avoid any audio installation mistakes, see [Easy Guide] MultiBeast Realtek ALC8xx Audio For Lion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back