Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
HDAEnabler888.kext is not from any upgrade, last used in Lion.
Remove HDAEnabler888.kext, Restart
An IOReg screenshot is not useful. Attach new copy of IOReg.

removing it fixes all of the problem. Merry Christmas!

Audio controller was set to "Auto" set to "Enabled" and rebooted.
No codec.
Experiment:
Set org.chameleon.Boot.plist/HDAEnabler=No
MultiBeast/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALCxxx/ALC1150
Plus Optional HDAEnabler/Audio ID: 1
Restart, reply with new files.

No codec.
Experiment:
Set org.chameleon.Boot.plist/HDAEnabler=No
MultiBeast/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALCxxx/ALC1150
Plus Optional HDAEnabler/Audio ID: 1
Restart, reply with new files.

After messing around in the App Store, trying to get Xcode to actually install, I finally (properly) edited the plist.

Audio seems to work beautifully. Haven't tested everything yet, but here are the files anyways.
View attachment Fly1ng Squid iHac Audio Files.zip

If you can see anything that might cause a future issue with audio, please point it out.

Ok, audio is working fine in general now, I do noticed some problems, though. I can live with them right now, but they're still annoying: After a longer period of sleep (if the mac sleeps for more than 15 minutes), sound does not come back after sleep. If I change the volume to a very loud setting, the sound is playing, but it's only a distorted and crackling sound, that is only recognizable as music because it has a repeating rythm to it. Sometimes it helps to switch the audio cable from the back audio port to the front port (sound comes completely back then) but sometimes that doesn't help and I have to reboot to get audio back. If I boot with the audio cable in the front port, only the front port will works, if use the back port initially and the problem arises, I am sometimes able to fix it by switching ports.
Also, when no sound has been played for a while (about 3 minutes) (when the sound is idling, so to say) a repeating cracking sound appears. Every 2 seconds i can hear a crack lasting for about half a second, until I play some kind of sound to get audio back from idling, then the cracking stops for 3 minutes, but when I don't play any sound again, the cracking comes back after 3 minutes when the sound is idling again.

Any idea what's causing both of this? As I said, I can totally live with it for the time being, but it would be cool to have that problem erased, too. My config hasn't change since my last posts.

I have Asus Rampage III extreme board. AFAIK, it has Realtek ALC889 chip. I tried with voodohda but eventhough I see some audio devices I didnt get any sound. Then, I tried to use audio_realtekALC-100.command from https://github.com/toleda/audio_RealtekALC but it said,

File: audio_realtekALC-100.command_v1.0.3
Verify kext-dev-mode=1 boot flag/argument
Password:
Print: Entry, ":CFBundleShortVersionString", Does Not Exist
Error occurred, no S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext installed
No system files were changed

I am also attaching my clean DSDT that is extracted from Linux. I will appreciate if you help me on this.View attachment dsdt.aml.zip

Thanks for the reply. I don't know why but when I installed Yosemite, it didn't copy the AppleHDA.kext so I don't have the original file. However I have managed to make Audio work by using AppleHDA for Alc889 and HDAEnabler7.kext. However, I will appreciate if you help me to make it without HDAenabler and by using DSDT which I couldnit able to edit. I attached my DSDT, IOregdump and DCPI manager screen shot from my working system. Thanks.

View attachment Archive.zip

I will appreciate if you help me to make it without HDAenabler and by using DSDT
Post #1
2. HDEF Verification/IORegistryExplorer see Tools 3.

1. IOReg/Search: HDEF
  2. If no IOReg/HDEF
    1. IOReg/Search: @1B
    2. Add dsdt/HDEF, select one method and implement
      1. [Guide]-Add_or_Edit_HDEF-dsdt.pdf

Use Patch/Add dsdt/HDEF/Audio ID: 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back