Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clean install of OS X 10.11.4 on newly formatted HD.
Previous, fully functional install of Mountain Lion and Mavericks on same hardware (different HD).
Only new system HD plugged in.

1. Everything works except audio. No audio devices, no audio codec found.
  2. OS X 10.11.4, GA-X79S-UP5, BIOS F4u(optimized defaults, USB3 disabled), i7-3930K, GTX680
  3. El Capitan install guide
    1. Multibeast: Realtek ALC 898 codec, Audio_ID=1
    2. Unknown
  4. audio_detect terminal output attached (no audio codec detected)
  5. ioReg attached
  6. AppleHDA.kext, yes
  7. AppleHDAxxx.kext, no
  8. Searched for "kernel sound assertions" in Console/All Messages, none
  9. DPCIManager and System Info Audio screenshots attached
  10. audio_clover terminal output attached
  11. chameleon not installed
  12. clover, requested items attached

Tried following several threads, troubleshooting through the various recommended troubleshooting threads too. Still no audio. Thank you for any and all help.
View attachment ioReg.ioreg System info hardware audio screenshot.pngDPCIManager screenshot.pngView attachment Terminal Saved Output - audio_clover.txtView attachment Terminal Saved Output - audioDetect.txt

Attachments

• CloverItems.zip
    9.3 KB · Views: 77
Hi Toleda,

I did a clean install but it still can't detect my codec. When i did the reinstall i first installed windows and checked the audio. It worked fine. Any idea of what i could be our should i just buy the USB audio from the buyer's guide and use that?

Hi Toleda,

I installed Windows at first to check if my sound was working our if it's a problem with my MOB, the sound in Windows was fine so i concluded that my sound hardware is oke. After that, i installed OS X again.

See Post #1/I. No Output Devices Found/2. HDEF Verification/IORegistryExplorer/3. If no IOReg/HDEF:1. IOReg/Search: @1B
2. Add dsdt/HDEF

Thank you for your reply, toleda. Yes, I did try to edit the dsdt before posting here. I used the method outlined in [Guide]-Add_HDEF-Clover.pdf.

Same result each time: no audio, no HDEF appears via IOReg search after restart.

I'll try the other methods and report back.

EDIT: I tried the [Guide] How to Add or Edit HDEF v2. Stopped at Apply Edits/MaciASL Step 2. Many errors. Most of them seem to be buffer related. Screenshot of first error attached.

Attachments

• MaciASL error screenshot.png
    MaciASL error screenshot.png
    335.4 KB · Views: 86
Thank you for your reply, toleda.

Unfortunately, it didn't seem to work.

• Downloaded thessdt_hdef-1-no_ioreg:hdef.zip
  • Unzipped and copied SSDT-HDEF+-1.aml to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
  • There was already an SSDT file in the folder. SSDT-SB-OC.aml. Unsure what to do, I left it in there.
  • Restarted.
  • Some kexts related to audio appeared to be patched during boot. Many others were not.
  • Booted fine.
  • Everything still works except audio.
  • If it helps, my appleTV shows up as an audio device and I can stream audio through it.
  • Now have a Codec ID for Realtek ALC898 in the DPCIManager report. Progress, I guess.
  • Reporting items attached: for toleda 2.zip.

There are several patched DSDT files in the folder. I've attached only the most recent one.

Again, thank you very much for your help.

Attachments

• for toleda 2.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 85
it didn't seem to work.
SSDT-HDEF is working
​Set CLOVER/config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/NO (all or remove)
Remove SSDT-SB-OC.aml, incompatible with your processor
AppleHDA.kext is native, run MultiBeast/.../ALC898
Reply with new files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back