Sapphire RX5700XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After checking this great site out, I decided to try my first Mackintosh:

Help: After getting Sierra 10.12.1 booted on both my M.2 SSD and HDD, I tried to enable my NVIDIA 980 by using Clover EFI to set EmuVariableUefi-64. After rebooting, PC now loads directly to the Clover boot manager screen, booting from this screen results in a black screen.

1. Noticed Clover boot screen now has different and simpler graphics, not with the previous 3D graphics
2. Can not access BIOS (using F12) or Boot (using DEL)
3. Tried switching keyboard and mouse to different USB ports; failed
4. Tried attaching to USB flash drive; failed

How can I recover? Why did I get a different Clover boot screen?

My hardware:
MB: Gigabyte Z170X-UD5
HDD: Seagate 1TB
SSD: Samsung M.2 951 (AHCI) 256GB
Graphics: EVGA GTX980

Notes:
1. Just got to the BIOS by desperately pressing F12, don't know if I can repeat this... afraid to reboot!
2. Still need to permanently enable the Nvidia drivers

After checking this great site out, I decided to try my first Mackintosh:

Help: After getting Sierra 10.12.1 booted on both my M.2 SSD and HDD

It sounds like you are not booting to the drive you think you are booting to...
It's possible to install Clover into both the EFI partition AND the EFI Folder of your main HDD. If you aren't careful you could end up with Clover in FOUR different places! You BIOS setting should come up before Clover. Use the BIOS to determine the boot drive and consequently the Clover version used to start the computer.

It sounds like you are not booting to the drive you think you are booting to...
It's possible to install Clover into both the EFI partition AND the EFI Folder of your main HDD. If you aren't careful you could end up with Clover in FOUR different places! You BIOS setting should come up before Clover. Use the BIOS to determine the boot drive and consequently the Clover version used to start the computer.
Come to think of if, I may have multiple copes of Clover. Will look into it. - Thanks

Please, need more help...

I was able to get everything working (Sierra 10.12.1, but waiting on GTX980 fix) so I wanted to clean up my boot options.
1. Found duplicate boot options in my BIOS (UEFI shell: bcfg boot dump)
2. Removed all but first option 00 (UEFI shell: bcfg boot rm XX)
3. Now I cannot boot to any drive (including ext USB). It just hangs in the black screen with Apple logo & progress bar.

How to get back?

Thanks for your help.

I got everything to work again. I found that having bootable Sierra 10.12.1 on both my M.2 and HD confused me when booting with clover.

I removed my M.2 MacOS and just booted to my HD MacOS. Then I disconnected my HD MacOS and connected my second M.2 with Windows 10. Now I'm able to boot to either M.2.

All I have left to do now is to wait for a stable drivers to download for my EVGA GTX980 graphics board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back