Graphics
GTX 760 SC
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm seriously contemplating getting a GTX760 since I'm not currently running a graphics card. But with the recent release of the GTX750 and speculation about the 800 series, I'm wondering if I should wait. Perhaps the GTX800 series will kick ass at the same current price point as the GTX760 or they may lower the price on the older cards. I will be using this mainly to help with video editing and the use of Adobe products.

Does anyone have any good info about when/if these cards will come out soon? A few Google searches show almost nothing.

I'm seriously contemplating getting a GTX760 since I'm not currently running a graphics card. But with the recent release of the GTX750 and speculation about the 800 series, I'm wondering if I should wait. Perhaps the GTX800 series will kick ass at the same current price point as the GTX760 or they may lower the price on the older cards. I will be using this mainly to help with video editing and the use of Adobe products.

Does anyone have any good info about when/if these cards will come out soon? A few Google searches show almost nothing.

I haven't read anything about Gtx 800. But i can tell you Im using premiere pro and after effects with the gtx 760, I personally think this card is an overfill for these apps. I work with a lot of 1080p footage, Raytrace in after effects works great for me and premiere pro works flawless specially when Im doing heavy color correction. I only notice some frame skip when editing in multicam. I also use a windows partition for gaming and the 760 kicks hard, but you may experience some frameskip if you set everything to ultra. (for example, tomb raider and batman arkham asylum)

It depends on your need. If you are going to be editing only, GTX 760 is more than enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back