Contribute
Register

New XPS 15 (9560) compatibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tested continuity and iMessage with an iPhone? For example, can you make calls and text via the iPhone through the XPS?

Works with dell dw1560 as well.

Works with dell dw1560 as well.

Thanks for the info. Is it difficult to install? How long did it take you? I wouldn't even attempt the one where you have to take apart the display and mess with the antenna.

2-3 minutes to unscrew and take off the back literally 1 minute to swap out the 1560 with the existing killer wifi. 5 minute job if you're decent at these things, under 10 minutes even if you're slow.

NVidia GPU can be selectively enabled with an SSDT for CUDA purposes

Excellent work by the way! I had started doing a build by myself for my 9560, hit a few snags I got through like normal, then found this guide which made a nice smooth process.

Sadly got a AR9565 replacement Wifi Card, thinking it would be fine in Sierra, sadly thats not working (finally tracked down your recommended 2 Antenna Dell replacement on its way from China..) Other than that, I'm okay with not using the 1050 for Display, but I would like it available for CUDA work....

So how do you do this? got a guide link?

Woops, I was wondering where I left that. Sorry, no, that part (CUDA) doesn't actually work. My post was a little bit too pre-emptive: at the time it looked like it was working, but it turns out it wasn't. :/

Last edited:
Woops, I was wondering where I left that. Sorry, no, that part (CUDA) doesn't actually work. My post was a little bit too pre-emptive: at the time it looked like it was working, but it turns out it wasn't. :/

No worries, I had figured that out from another of your comments on a different thread/forum :) I had accepted that it was optimus when I brought it (and will hold its value a bit better for resale in a few years to a windows user ;)) but would have been nice to have it for Cuda stuff (mining and coding for my main hackintosh rig that has a full nvidia card in).

Good work on the guides.. just trying to track down your comment about the new trackpad kext for improved response.

No. The issue is that in an Optimus configuration, the GTX is piped through the Intel HD graphics. On a real Mac, the graphics cards are both connected to the display and there's a dedicated graphics output multiplexer that lets one or the other access the screen. There's no "isn't it just..." The only way it can be made to work is if someone fakes the GMUX or makes a totally custom solution (i.e. Mac OS Optimus implementation).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back