Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might try bpedman's fork of my code: ttps://github.com/bpedman/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

It has been enhanced with better support for ALPS... (and I think he has a Dell).

Well i have installed all those files and they give me a Kernel panic :s

Well i have installed all those files and they give me a Kernel panic :s

Not sure what you mean by 'installed all those files'...??

You mean you built from his sources and installed (using something like Kext Wizard)?
I don't think bpedman provides pre-built binaries.

Not sure what you mean by 'installed all those files'...??
You mean you built from his sources and installed (using something like Kext Wizard)?
I don't think bpedman provides pre-built binaries.

No, i've downloaded the ALPS touchpad driver made by bpedman
This file include those files :
- VoodooPS2controller.kext placed into S/L/E
- VoodooPS2synapticsPane.prefpane placed into S/L/Prefpanes
- Synapticsconfigload placed into /usr/bin
- VoodooPS2Daemon placed into /usr/bin

When i reboot (after rebuilding the cache and repair permissions) --> KP

No, i've downloaded the ALPS touchpad driver made by bpedman
This file include those files :
- VoodooPS2controller.kext placed into S/L/E
- VoodooPS2synapticsPane.prefpane placed into S/L/Prefpanes
- Synapticsconfigload placed into /usr/bin
- VoodooPS2Daemon placed into /usr/bin

When i reboot (after rebuilding the cache and repair permissions) --> KP

Where did you download them from? Like I said, I don't think he provides a build. His README.md points to my builds (although I don't provide build configload or prefpane) -- I would avoid those two components...

Then you might consider posting a reply to that post. Currently, I'm not maintaining/supporting bpedman's fork.

Yes i Do :) Thank you !

hi, I'm new to this. so sorry if I'm asking a dumb question.

i've installed the latest 1.8.6 voodoops2controller.kext

I'm having trouble performing the dragging motion.
Using the click buttons under the trackpad is also useless, I cannot perform a dragging action with the click buttons either.
If I use the click buttons, it acts as If I clicked everything my mouse goes past............ eg, try to drag a dock bar icon. as I drag its started all the apps the cursor has past.

also I dont get the trackpad preferences.......have I dont something wrong??

I believe I have what is supposely a ELAN v2 trackpad.
ELAN drivers didn't work at all, because its a v2.

hi, I'm new to this. so sorry if I'm asking a dumb question.

i've installed the latest 1.8.6 voodoops2controller.kext

I'm having trouble performing the dragging motion.
Using the click buttons under the trackpad is also useless, I cannot perform a dragging action with the click buttons either.
If I use the click buttons, it acts as If I clicked everything my mouse goes past............ eg, try to drag a dock bar icon. as I drag its started all the apps the cursor has past.

also I dont get the trackpad preferences.......have I dont something wrong??

I believe I have what is supposely a ELAN v2 trackpad.
ELAN drivers didn't work at all, because its a v2.

There is no support for ELAN in my drivers. You get mouse emulation only via VoodoPS2Mouse.kext.

My console is flooded by all the messages like this:
Code:
8/12/13 6:05:00.000 PM kernel[0]: ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad: Unexpected byte0 data (88) from PS/2 controller
8/12/13 6:05:00.000 PM kernel[0]: ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad: Unexpected byte0 data (00) from PS/2 controller
8/12/13 6:05:00.000 PM kernel[0]: ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad: Unexpected byte0 data (00) from PS/2 controller
8/12/13 6:05:00.000 PM kernel[0]: ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad: Unexpected byte0 data (c0) from PS/2 controller
8/12/13 6:05:00.000 PM kernel[0]: ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad: Unexpected byte0 data (08) from PS/2 controller
It happens randomly. The log generates constantly whenever I touch the touchpad, the cursor is laggy. It stops after I turn off/on the touchpad.

My console is flooded by all the messages like this:
Code:
8/12/13 6:05:00.000 PM kernel[0]: ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad: Unexpected byte0 data (88) from PS/2 controller
8/12/13 6:05:00.000 PM kernel[0]: ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad: Unexpected byte0 data (c0) from PS/2 controller
8/12/13 6:05:00.000 PM kernel[0]: ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad: Unexpected byte0 data (08) from PS/2 controller
It happens randomly. The log generates constantly whenever I touch the touchpad, the cursor is laggy. It stops after I turn off/on the touchpad.

It means your trackpad is not sending data per-spec for absolute mode Synaptics. Try EC reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back