Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to tell without knowing more about the specific behavior. Probably very difficult to tell without the machine right in front of me. It almost seems like it is not entering absolute mode properly or the stick is sending packets not encapsulated into 6-byte absolute mode packets.

The pad is reporting like I would expect it to (type 0x46), but it also is not reporting all passthru bits properly if it intends to pass stick packets as type3 trackpad packets:
Code:
13-7-11 上午7:10:17.000    kernel[0]    VoodooPS2Trackpad: passthru1=1, passthru2=0, passthru=0

OK, I got it.
Whatever, thank you for your answer.
:cry:

Version 1.7.3 works!!! For some reason AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext needed to be installed separately. This can be solution for those with similar problem. I deleted my Extensions.mkext before installing Voodoo.

I'm not sure what you mean by "AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext needed to be installed separately."

If you read the install instructions (https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/wiki/How-to-Install), you can see that 1.7.4 is a break-point where the PS2Nub was integrated into the main code.

Hi. First of all thanks for your hard work. Can you give me any advise, why version start with 1.7.15a doesn't work for me. I loose my keyboard and touchpad. Thank you.

Hi. First of all thanks for your hard work. Can you give me any advise, why version start with 1.7.15a doesn't work for me. I loose my keyboard and touchpad. Thank you.

1.7.15a was a beta. Try a more recent version.

And be sure to follow all installation instructions. It is important that you do not have any conflicting PS2 kexts installed elsewhere on the system.

So I have been using your latest current driver and the mapping on it seems to work perfectly in 10.8.4, except for one thing. The brightness keys simply do not work and they do not return scancodes which, as I have read, has to do with them being acpi buttons. I was wondering if there's any particular DSDT edit or something that's required to get these acpi buttons to work. I probably missed the answer as I was skimming the thread. :p

So I have been using your latest current driver and the mapping on it seems to work perfectly in 10.8.4, except for one thing. The brightness keys simply do not work and they do not return scancodes which, as I have read, has to do with them being acpi buttons. I was wondering if there's any particular DSDT edit or something that's required to get these acpi buttons to work. I probably missed the answer as I was skimming the thread. :p

If you don't get scan codes for those keys, it means they are not hooked up to the PS/2 interface and are likely instead handled through ACPI. You might look at this kext (source code) to see if you can do something with it: https://github.com/Dolnor/IOWMIFamily

If you don't get scan codes for those keys, it means they are not hooked up to the PS/2 interface and are likely instead handled through ACPI. You might look at this kext (source code) to see if you can do something with it: https://github.com/Dolnor/IOWMIFamily

Thanks man, I have pretty much everything else working except for this and very very occasionally artifacting from my HD 3000, the 6770m (Switchable graphics is a pain :p), and this small problem. I'll look into this!

Hello,

I have tried this kext on my dell latitude E6530, the keyboard (extended one) works (the calc btn doesn't works)
The trackpad, stickpad and mouse doesn't work
Any help please ?

Thank you

Hello,

I have tried this kext on my dell latitude E6530, the keyboard (extended one) works (the calc btn doesn't works)
The trackpad, stickpad and mouse doesn't work
Any help please ?

Thank you

Depends on what hardware is in your Dell? What is the manufacturer of the trackpad?

If you have Synaptics, did you follow all installation instructions?

What is the output of:
Code:
# in Terminal
bdmesg | grep -y ps2
kextstat | grep -y ps2

Also, you could check system.log from console for ps2 related messages, especially those at boot time.

Depends on what hardware is in your Dell? What is the manufacturer of the trackpad?

If you have Synaptics, did you follow all installation instructions?

According to the Windows drivers, is an ALPS, maybe your kext isn't designed to this one ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back