Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uploaded a new build 1.7.14, 2013-0218. Details on github README.md. See first post for download.

RM, testing this new release, I noticed that the keys combination to delete files right alt ([alt gr] on my keyboard) + backspace it doesn't work anymore.
left alt + backspace work but it doesn't wit the right alt (alt gr).

Thanks!

Let me know if it is repeatable. If it is just a one-off thing right after installing, then there is not much debugging I can do right away.

It happens again after I install Chimera 2.0. Reboot and it works fine again.

I assume you mean the fastest setting (furthest to the right). I just tested here and it works fine. Note that setting it to the fastest setting means the double "untouch" must happen in 150ms and is fairly difficult to do (the next one from furthest right is easier at 200ms).

In that scenario, it will initially scroll, but then execute the 3-finger gesture provided you move far enough with 3-fingers. The three fingers do not have to come down at the same time. If there are two fingers moving at first, it is scrolling, then later if the third finger comes down it moves into the code that does 3-finger gesture.

But this trackpad has trouble distinguishing 3-fingers from 2-fingers (and 2-fingers from 1-finger) when the fingers are very close together. And that is more likely what you're running into. It is something at the firmware level that I can't do anything about.

You're right, I keep my fingers too close, maybe a hardware limitation, so forget it.
As the post above, I notice that the new kext make the right alt key to send OPTION_R, not COMMAND_R like before.
I also notice drag and drop is much smoother now, but the cursor stops when I reach the edge of trackpad. How about keep moving it once it touches the edge?
Those are just my ideas for improvement, so take it easy ;)

Hi ReabMan, i installed Beta Release 2013-0218 and three fingers not work smooth like previous version, is intermittent and forcing repeat the movement Thanks for your work.

RM, testing this new release, I noticed that the keys combination to delete files right alt ([alt gr] on my keyboard) + backspace it doesn't work anymore.
left alt + backspace work but it doesn't wit the right alt (alt gr).

Thanks!

This has already been reported and fixed in the sources (so, for next build)...

It happens again after I install Chimera 2.0. Reboot and it works fine again.

I'll keep an eye out for it. It is probably garbage coming from the keyboard controller after initialization. And garbage==key down without corresponding keyup, thus the forever repeating problem...

I also notice drag and drop is much smoother now, but the cursor stops when I reach the edge of trackpad. How about keep moving it once it touches the edge?

I've thought about implementing this... more of a "PC thing" (eg. Macs don't have this), but it would be handy sometimes.

Hi ReabMan, i installed Beta Release 2013-0218 and three fingers not work smooth like previous version, is intermittent and forcing repeat the movement Thanks for your work.

I don't think anything has changed in this area.

I'll keep an eye out for it. It is probably garbage coming from the keyboard controller after initialization. And garbage==key down without corresponding keyup, thus the forever repeating problem...

I've thought about implementing this... more of a "PC thing" (eg. Macs don't have this), but it would be handy sometimes.

My personal experience after chimera 2.0 update: no working keyboard and trackpad. A system reboot solved both issues.
Till now, I didn't have the forever repeating problem (before and after the chimera update).

Thanks!

My personal experience after chimera 2.0 update: no working keyboard and trackpad. A system reboot solved both issues.
Till now, I didn't have the forever repeating problem (before and after the chimera update).

Thanks!

I think the "forever repeating" and "dead keyboard/trackpad" are the same issue. You will get the forever repeat if the death happens after a key has been pressed (make code sent), but before the key comes backup (before the break code). In that case, OS X sees the key repeating forever because no data has been sent to say the key is now up. If the death happens after the key is already up, then there is no repeating, but still death.

In both cases the software is getting no interrupts to deliver data from the keyboard or trackpad (dead).

I just saw the ever repeating just a minute ago, and I happen to be running w/ quite a bit of debugging information at this point. There is some comments in the code about not reading from the data port too soon after data is ready, and there are various calls to IODelay(7) (7 microsecond delay) in most places in the code... except when reading scan codes because of interrupts -- no delay there. I'm going to try to sprinkle a few more in...

New build uploaded. See details in first post and README.md.

Hopefully this one solves some of the issues at startup. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back