Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RehabMan, can You be more specific with that? I would like to change two settings of my internal touchpad working VoodooPS2 on 10.12:
- changing speed to maximum
- set touch (tap) as click

How should I edit ioio?

Look in the Info.plist for the trackpad kext for parameters that can be set with ioio.

I must say that I replaced voodooPs2 with different kext, which has already some of Fn functionality on sierra, but trackpad feeling is way worse. Please tell me @RehabMan, are you working on update of Voodoo? Don't get me wrong, I don't want to push You - I'm just considering going back to El capitan...

I must say that I replaced voodooPs2 with different kext, which has already some of Fn functionality on sierra, but trackpad feeling is way worse. Please tell me @RehabMan, are you working on update of Voodoo? Don't get me wrong, I don't want to push You - I'm just considering going back to El capitan...

No fix yet for true Fn+Vol/Brightness keys.

All known problems with no known fix (there's a few more similar problems if you continue to test).

Some may have to wait until after Apple releases 10.12 source.

There are easy work arounds to all those problems:
- volume: use the menu bar volume control
- brightness: use the menu bar brightness controls enabled by berg design's brightness app
- WiFi/BT buttons are hardware specific (ACPI), not part of OS X itself
- trackpad settings: use 'ioio' to set the settings. You can create a startup daemon script that calls ioio when you login or at startup

My 'tap to left click' doesn't work on first boot. But sometimes it will work after a few minutes. And also, I can not do 'tap with 2 fingers' for a right click

Any suggestion?

My 'tap to left click' doesn't work on first boot. But sometimes it will work after a few minutes. And also, I can not do 'tap with 2 fingers' for a right click

Any suggestion?

Did you change the settings for taping in SysPrefs->Trackpad or with the ioio program in Terminal?

Did you change the settings for taping in SysPrefs->Trackpad or with the ioio program in Terminal?

No I didn't. Sysprefs->trackpad doesn't work on Sierra, does it?

No I didn't. Sysprefs->trackpad doesn't work on Sierra, does it?

It works if you copy the prefpane from 10.11.
But probably the settings are not kept across reboots.
You can use a LaunchDaemon and ioio to set the settings you want at each boot.

Most people should stick with 10.11 until some of the issues with 10.12 are resolved (it will probably be a while).

It works if you copy the prefpane from 10.11.
But probably the settings are not kept across reboots.
You can use a LaunchDaemon and ioio to set the settings you want at each boot.

Most people should stick with 10.11 until some of the issues with 10.12 are resolved (it will probably be a while).

Now my trackpad sysprefs is back. But no option for two fingers'

Where can I find the plist file from my previous OS? So I can copy it to my new OS

But no option for two fingers'

No idea what you're expecting. There was never any specific "two finger" option. Two finger is reserved for scrolling.

Where can I find the plist file from my previous OS? So I can copy it to my new OS

What plist file are you referring to?

No idea what you're expecting. There was never any specific "two finger" option. Two finger is reserved for scrolling.

What plist file are you referring to?

Two fingers tap for a right click

Plist where my previous settings for my trackpad are saved

Edit:
Nevermind, now all the options are suddenly showed up
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back