Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,first thank you for your great work, I'm new to OS X and my probook crash and restart every time I touch the trackpad, the crash report is mostly about IO and voodooPS2 extension

Did you do EC reset?

--

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Hi RehabMan,

I just installed this to fix a keyboard issue on my Dell Precision M4800 and it worked great for that, but now my trackpad doesn't work at all with the same error as post #1822:

May 2 07:04:17 localhost kernel[0]: VoodooPS2Trackpad: Identify TouchPad command returned incorrect byte 2 (of 3): 0x00

I've attached my ioreg. Any chance you might be able to help?

Thanks for all of your efforts. This M4800 wouldn't be working at all if it weren't for all of your kexts.

Attachments

• M4800.zip
    545.6 KB · Views: 98
Hi RehabMan,

I just installed this to fix a keyboard issue on my Dell Precision M4800 and it worked great for that, but now my trackpad doesn't work at all with the same error as post #1822:

May 2 07:04:17 localhost kernel[0]: VoodooPS2Trackpad: Identify TouchPad command returned incorrect byte 2 (of 3): 0x00

I've attached my ioreg. Any chance you might be able to help?

Thanks for all of your efforts. This M4800 wouldn't be working at all if it weren't for all of your kexts.

You probably need different kext for your trackpad. Just guessing your trackpad is ALPS.

Hi RehabMan,
Thanks for the VoodooPS2Controller, it works like a charm on my new hackintosh!

I have a few question,
1. Is it possible to enable my FN+Fx if there's no log shows (PS2/ACPI) on console.app? I currently using Sony Laptop (SVF14216SG) and the brightness key works on ACPI (FN+F5 & FN+F6), volume keys works on PS2 Controller (FN+F2 - FN+F4 include mute button), but another FN+FX keys are not recognized on the console.app, is it possible to change the mapping? So I could swap FN+FX to FX keys.
2. Is it possible to enable all the trackpad gestures https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204895 ?

Thanks for the support on hackintosh! I can't make this laptop works on mac if it's not by your kexts.

Sorry for my bad english :)

1. Is it possible to enable my FN+Fx if there's no log shows (PS2/ACPI) on console.app? I currently using Sony Laptop (SVF14216SG) and the brightness key works on ACPI (FN+F5 & FN+F6), volume keys works on PS2 Controller (FN+F2 - FN+F4 include mute button), but another FN+FX keys are not recognized on the console.app, is it possible to change the mapping? So I could swap FN+FX to FX keys.

What "other FN+FX keys" are you trying to make work?
You can implement swapping if you implement "Function Keys Standard" and "Function Keys Special". Refer to the u430 repo for an example of configuration via ACPI: https://github.com/RehabMan/Lenovo-U430-Touch-DSDT-Patch

2. Is it possible to enable all the trackpad gestures https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204895 ?

It is not true multitouch. Three finger gestures can be configured in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Keyboard shortuts.

What "other FN+FX keys" are you trying to make work?
I want to map the mission control and launchpad on the FN+FX keys, but the other FNFX keys are not recognised (except FNF2-FNF6 which is used by audio and brightness)

It is not true multitouch. Three finger gestures can be configured in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Keyboard shortuts.
I can't find any three fingers gesture shortcuts on my SysPrefs>Keyboard>Keyboard shortcuts. I'll post the screenshot below.

Thanks RehabMan for the fast reply!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-14 at 10.37.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-14 at 10.37.38 PM.png
    83.7 KB · Views: 126
I want to map the mission control and launchpad on the FN+FX keys, but the other FNFX keys are not recognised (except FNF2-FNF6 which is used by audio and brightness)

They are probably handled via ACPI. Refer to the backlight guide for how to instrument EC queries in DSDT.

I can't find any three fingers gesture shortcuts on my SysPrefs>Keyboard>Keyboard shortcuts. I'll post the screenshot below.

Pick a function, and do the swipe instead of hitting keys.

They are probably handled via ACPI. Refer to the backlight guide for how to instrument EC queries in DSDT.
I do enables the "ioio -s ApplePS2Keyboard LogScanCodes 1", DSDT Debug Methods & Instrument EC queries, then I hit the FN+F1 - FN+F12, at the console.log it shows only: (i attached the image)
The rest keys are not detected on console when I press it, is it possible to map the "undetected keys"?

Pick a function, and do the swipe instead of hitting keys.
YAS, this works! Thank you RehabMan! :D

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-15 at 3.53.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-15 at 3.53.46 PM.png
    50.6 KB · Views: 147
I do enables the "ioio -s ApplePS2Keyboard LogScanCodes 1", DSDT Debug Methods & Instrument EC queries, then I hit the FN+F1 - FN+F12, at the console.log it shows only: (i attached the image)
The rest keys are not detected on console when I press it, is it possible to map the "undetected keys"?

I don't know what you mean by undetected keys.

I don't know what you mean by undetected keys.
Sorry, I mean, when I press a key (ex:FN+F8) that key doesn't generate any codes on console.app, eventhough I had enabled the ACPIdebug (and the instrument EC queries) and VoodooPS2Controller debug mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back