Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad (ClickPad support)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone...

I was wondering if other thinkpad trackpoint users are monitoring this thread... I'm not sure if the HP users here have the same issue but I've installed OS X on my X220 using the guide here:

http://x220.mcdonnelltech.com

and he uses the voodoosps2controller.kext from ~january 2016.

It works great on my x220 except for *one* little bug/behaviour.

Then I try to click using the trackpoint buttons, the clicks will not register if my palm is touching the trackpad (even if I've disabled the trackpad with the PrtSc button). it also seems intermittent. Like right now It seems be okay but I swear I always have to click once, realize nothing is happening, pick my palm up, click again, and then it will work again.

Anyone experience this and have any solutions?

Thanks!

Hi Everyone...

I was wondering if other thinkpad trackpoint users are monitoring this thread... I'm not sure if the HP users here have the same issue but I've installed OS X on my X220 using the guide here:

http://x220.mcdonnelltech.com

and he uses the voodoosps2controller.kext from ~january 2016.

It works great on my x220 except for *one* little bug/behaviour.

Then I try to click using the trackpoint buttons, the clicks will not register if my palm is touching the trackpad (even if I've disabled the trackpad with the PrtSc button). it also seems intermittent. Like right now It seems be okay but I swear I always have to click once, realize nothing is happening, pick my palm up, click again, and then it will work again.

Anyone experience this and have any solutions?

Thanks!

If you have some C++ experience, debug/fix the problem. I do not have your hardware. All source to the kext is available.

If you have some C++ experience, debug/fix the problem. I do not have your hardware. All source to the kext is available.

Hi RehabMan,

Thanks for the feedback. unfortunately, my coding skills is not up to par. I took a look at the source but I fear this is way out of my league. I experimented a little further and narrowed down the issue even further.

If touchpad is enabled, the trackpoint buttons work as expected.
If touchpad is disabled and nothing is on trackpad, trackpoint buttons work as expected
if touchpad is disabled and finger/palm is on touchpad, trackpoint buttons do not register
if touchpad is disabled and finger/palm is on touchpad, trackpoint buttons DO register ONLY if the cursor moves (which is why I felt like it was an "intermittent" behaviour).
if touchpad is disabled and finger/palm is on touchpad, scrolling (middle trackpoint button) works as expected

I thought it was interesting that the cursor movement allowed the button event to get registered... Don't know if that helps shed some light or if the info is totally useless. Either way, thanks for your time and attention.

Hi RehabMan,

Thanks for the feedback. unfortunately, my coding skills is not up to par. I took a look at the source but I fear this is way out of my league. I experimented a little further and narrowed down the issue even further.

If touchpad is enabled, the trackpoint buttons work as expected.
If touchpad is disabled and nothing is on trackpad, trackpoint buttons work as expected
if touchpad is disabled and finger/palm is on touchpad, trackpoint buttons do not register
if touchpad is disabled and finger/palm is on touchpad, trackpoint buttons DO register ONLY if the cursor moves (which is why I felt like it was an "intermittent" behaviour).
if touchpad is disabled and finger/palm is on touchpad, scrolling (middle trackpoint button) works as expected

I thought it was interesting that the cursor movement allowed the button event to get registered... Don't know if that helps shed some light or if the info is totally useless. Either way, thanks for your time and attention.

It will require someone skilled enough to build the debug version, analyse logs of the raw trackpad data, determine what is wrong in the code (or how the situation can be handled), and then implement/test the fix.

Simply not possible (or would require more time than I'm willing to put forth) for me to do without the hardware...

Make sure you're disabling the trackpad only through the mechanism provided by VoodooPS2Controller... disabling via other means will probably not work as you'd like.

It will require someone skilled enough to build the debug version, analyse logs of the raw trackpad data, determine what is wrong in the code (or how the situation can be handled), and then implement/test the fix.

Simply not possible (or would require more time than I'm willing to put forth) for me to do without the hardware...

Make sure you're disabling the trackpad only through the mechanism provided by VoodooPS2Controller... disabling via other means will probably not work as you'd like.

Hey, thanks! Your comment about making sure I don't disable the touchpad via other means actually gave me the idea of turning off the touchpad in the bios. and guess what? it WORKS! trackpoint still works, buttons work even with my palm on the touchpad...

hahaha.. i know this isn't exactly what you intended with that comment but thanks anyways! =) And thank you for developing so many kexts that I've been using. I'm only a lowly user but this is my first hackintosh and things have ben going way better than expected because of people like you. =)

Edit: I spoke too soon.. hahaha.. the middle button scroll doesn't work.. =(

Hey, thanks! Your comment about making sure I don't disable the touchpad via other means actually gave me the idea of turning off the touchpad in the bios. and guess what? it WORKS! trackpoint still works, buttons work even with my palm on the touchpad...

hahaha.. i know this isn't exactly what you intended with that comment but thanks anyways! =) And thank you for developing so many kexts that I've been using. I'm only a lowly user but this is my first hackintosh and things have ben going way better than expected because of people like you. =)

My comment was geared more to dynamic on/off of the trackpad...

Disabling the trackpad in BIOS probably makes it not detect as Synaptics, and so it will load just VoodooPS2Mouse.kext...

Hi, @RehabMan
Thank you for yesterday in Fix Intel HD4400.

I found problem of voodooPS2 and voodooHDA.

After restart,their settings are deleted.

In voodooPS2, Keyboard layout setting forgotten after restart.
I set layout of JIS.

In voodooHDA, sound settings are forgotten after restart.

Please support...

Hi, @RehabMan
Thank you for yesterday in Fix Intel HD4400.

I found problem of voodooPS2 and voodooHDA.

After restart,their settings are deleted.

In voodooPS2, Keyboard layout setting forgotten after restart.
I set layout of JIS.

In voodooHDA, sound settings are forgotten after restart.

Please support...

What "settings" are you referring to? Show photo of what you're doing.

VoodooHDA questions are off-topic here.

What "settings" are you referring to? Show photo of what you're doing.

VoodooHDA questions are off-topic here.
here

\ 1.png
MacStart-4-602x427.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back