Not open for further replies.
Ok I have:
- Reset BIOS
- HEPT: 64-bit
- SMART: enabled
- AHCI instead of IDE
- Advanced CPU Features= Turbo:OFF, Other:Enabled
- ErP Support: Enabled
- Reinstalled the two KExts (SleepEnabler.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext) attached to this post to /Extra/Extensions
- Ran Kext Utility.app

System Sleep (Via Apple Menu -> Sleep AND via Pressing the Power Button) works again... not sure what broke it. Probably some flanky BIOS issue rather than anything else. Display Sleep was never an issue. Since resetting the BIOS and adding following settings to my Boot.plist I have never had black screen on Boot again btw.:
Code:
	<key>GraphicsMode</key>
	<string>1920x1080x32@60</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>1920x1080x32@60</string>
^ not sure which one is right, kept in both just to make sure it works ;-)

Power Management running superb with just NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. You can check this with mark-i.app - also attached to this post. Read the readme.txt on how to use it.

Attachments

• mark-i.zip
    335.5 KB · Views: 115
  • NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip
    24.1 KB · Views: 108
  • SleepEnabler.kext_10.6.7_xnu.zip
    19.4 KB · Views: 142
moshymoshy said:
There have been a lot of problems that seem to be related to SleepEnabler recently.

Good news: a version has been released that restores compatibility with 10.6.7

http://code.google.com/p/xnu-sleep-enab ... p&can=2&q=

If you are having problems with the old version, you can fix the issue by doing the following:

1) Boot with "pmVersion=21" as a boot flag from Chameleon.
2) Use KextBeast to install the new one (make sure you have no other kexts on your desktop)
3) If you had previously added pmVersion=xx to your com.apple.Boot.plist (as I had) you should edit it and remove this flag.
4) Reboot.

Note also that this new version is not in any way specific to 10.6.7. It will work with any 10.6.x.

You guys are the Best!!! I have gone round and round earsing the drive and reinstalling the OS trying to figure out was causing the crash... Never saw the kernel panic until this last time thru the process.
The only thing I would add (for the other newbies out there - like me) would be
1) When you see the Initial Chamleon boot screen, press any Key
2) type "pmVersion=21" without the quotes and press Enter
3) Drag and drop the SleepEnabler kext onto the Kext Editor downloadable from http://lifehacker.com/#!5672051/how-to- ... easy-steps in the Post Install files
4) Reboot

This has been a great experience and looking forwarding to seeing more from you guys! Keep up the great work!

I just want to say THANK YOU moshymoshy for the detailed post, especially on how to manually remove the SleepEnabler.kext. I tried this latest kext after I patched to 10.6.7 but was getting the kernel panic and nothing was working to alleviate it enough to boot in so I could remove it.

My build (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=20977&p=134467) did not like the arch=i386 flag with either of the pmVersion (21 or 23) flags, so it took me using -v -x -s pmVersion=0 and your manual removal & cache rebuild instructions to bail me out. You saved me a good 3+ hours of reinstall madness!

Thanks again!

Thanks Moshymoshy It works great for me ..... and Thanks to this forum and Tonymacx86. I only have one more small issue (HDMI Sound) and my build will be perfect. I can't wait to the end of the month so i can repay you guys with a very small contribution to this forum. Again Thanks !!!

Same sleep problem on my Toshiba laptop. Expect to get a telling off now for daring to mention the word 'laptop'.

Laptop laptop laptop laptop laptop.

guys, I just got a friend's Hack Pro that it doesn't sleep. it has a supported MoBo (GA-H55M-UD2H/F11), and there is a DSDT for it with Tonymac's database. Still, if I try manual sleep, it waits for about 20 seconds(!) and then blacks out, but doesn't stop - also doesn't wake from that state :(

is the DSDT not good with the 1.6.7? Should I try this sleepenabler.kext?

moshymoshy said:
Same sleep problem on my Toshiba laptop. Expect to get a telling off now for daring to mention the word 'laptop'.

Laptop laptop laptop laptop laptop.

LOL
Actually i GOT SLEEP WORKING (mostly) by following this guide to edit my DSDT:

https://apocolipse.com/?p=14

except now it keeps waking up in under a second, and the console says "Wake reason = P0P1" with the numbers Zero and One.

user137 said:
guys, I just got a friend's Hack Pro that it doesn't sleep. it has a supported MoBo (GA-H55M-UD2H/F11), and there is a DSDT for it with Tonymac's database. Still, if I try manual sleep, it waits for about 20 seconds(!) and then blacks out, but doesn't stop - also doesn't wake from that state :(

is the DSDT not good with the 1.6.7? Should I try this sleepenabler.kext?

alrighty then, I tried this sleepenabler and i have fairly good results. it still takes about 20-25 seconds to go to sleep, but it DOES properly. USB needed a re-plug after wake, so I installed the USB rollback from Multibeast - all I have is the 25 seconds delay, but other than that is seems fine. :)

edit: kudos for the upload and the guide!!! :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back