Contribute
Register

New Player - Low Profile Intel DH61AG mini-ITX - G4 Cube

Status
Not open for further replies.
neilhart said:
I have not sorted out USB3.0 on this motherboard. I am waiting until Apple issues an OS that does provide support and then maybe.

As for the corner cases on eSATA. My MB does recognize my eSATA drive and is functional. However I have not tested the possible cases of hot plugging and changing devices.

neil

Thanks for your answer, Neil. I've been following this post and I've made my own hackintosh in a steacom f1 case, almost with your same items.
So, my eSATA port works flawesly and it's functional. I can eject a drive without problem. But when I put another one drive, it doesn't start, nothing. I have to reboot for working again. I know it's only a little thing for my hackintosh works 100%.
For USB 3.0., we'll wait for ML to see if we have (or not) usb 3.0. in next macs.
Thanks.

Hi,

i have this Dell Adapter

PA-13 Family 130W AC-ADAPTER
PA-1131-02D2

is compatible with DH61AG?

Thanks

:D

emax30 said:
Hi,

i have this Dell Adapter

PA-13 Family 130W AC-ADAPTER
PA-1131-02D2

is compatible with DH61AG?

Thanks

:D

Yes. Download the DH61AG_TechProdSpec05.PDF and check out Table 40 on page 72 which shows two example configurations and the power budget for both.

Neil

Got inspired by Neil and Slowjin's adventures with the DH61AG and started my first ever hackintosh. Specs are a little different but basically got everything more or less running. Its running 10.7.2 and Im using Multibeast 4.5.2

Here are my specs

i3-2105
DH61AG
8GB RAM
80GB HDD - Temp till I get an SSD
Dell Wifi Card - out of an old XPS - Recognized as Airport out of the box

Im able to get the whole system booted up and running with GraphicsEnabler = NO

But I just cant seem to get the HD3000 running. Ive tried to edit the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext and AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext with 0x01128086 but that just kills the system and prevents a bootup. Im using the DSDT from beastyfellow.

Any idea what could be causing the error ? or what I could be doing wrong ? Its my first hackinstosh and I pretty much seem to have hit a wall.

Attachments

• Graphics.tiff
    88.7 KB · Views: 364
  • extension.tiff
    305.1 KB · Views: 311
eapen said:
Im able to get the whole system booted up and running with GraphicsEnabler = NO

But I just cant seem to get the HD3000 running. Ive tried to edit the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext and AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext with 0x01128086 but that just kills the system and prevents a bootup. Im using the DSDT from beastyfellow.

Any idea what could be causing the error ? or what I could be doing wrong ? Its my first hackinstosh and I pretty much seem to have hit a wall.

I don't understand your problem. Are you using the DVI connector to a DVI display with high resolution?

neil

Yup Im using the DVI port, Im actually running it thru to a VGA monitor with a DVI-VGA adapter.

I cant get the video card to load up. I tried editing the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext. But it still doesnt recognize the HD3000. Not sure what Im doing wrong.

For what it is worth, as far as I am concerned with OS X and HD3000 you can not use VGA. DVI and HDMI run great on this board. Trying to use the analog pin out of the DVI connector to a VGA monitor is most likely your problem.

neil

Neil, thanks for pointing me to this thread. Its quite long ;)

Without wishing to ask too much but it would be helpful to any potential owner is the first post (or some designated location) was maintained with latest situation

ie. Which method used for install, any kexts needed or Multibeast settings, any DSDT used etc and what does and doesnt work (ie sleep/restart etc).

It might be I spot all the info if I can plough through 14 pages.. but it'd be nice if it was in one place ;) Just my 2p!

Methanoid said:
Neil, thanks for pointing me to this thread. Its quite long ;)

Without wishing to ask too much but it would be helpful to any potential owner is the first post (or some designated location) was maintained with latest situation

ie. Which method used for install, any kexts needed or Multibeast settings, any DSDT used etc and what does and doesnt work (ie sleep/restart etc).

It might be I spot all the info if I can plough through 14 pages.. but it'd be nice if it was in one place ;) Just my 2p!

You are right, this is not a well ordered installation guide for the MB, but then it was never intended to be one.

The whole point of this thread was to stir up interest in this MB because it is so well suited for G4 Cube hacks (and the like).

I would suggest using the current Unibeast and Multibeast tools to install Lion 10.7.4. There are at least two versions of a DSDT.aml that can be used. If you run into problems you have a place to for help. Also, Intel has done a super job with the documentation on this board; be sure to download the avail documents.

Have fun
neil

Could anyone with the intel DH61AG board do me a massive favour? I got an OEM board so could you please trace the rear I/O shield and sent it to me through email. Would be so good. I would appreciate it traced, and then either on the same page or on another page traced with the external measurements written on it. Had trouble getting minihacks G4 motherboard tray printed, hence the measurements.

Thanks if you can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back