Contribute
Register

New Nvidia Web Driver 343.02.02F02 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Works just fine for me on Clover/Yosemite 10.10.2 with a GTX 460 SE so far.
I did however have to let the install sit for it to finish when it appeared to have stalled.
Just be patient. It will complete.

Here's the info page for 343.02.02F02
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/82983/en-us

Try to install with your present configuration. However, if it won't install "on this system,"
you'll need to change your System Definition to Mac Pro 3,1 to use this installer as per the above page notes. You can change back to the SysDef you had before with MultiBeast my just selection the SysDef option:
To install: Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1 then reboot and install the driver, and
To Change Back: Customize > System Definitions > (select your previous SysDef) then reboot.

Update: The nVidia System Preference pane once again froze Hector while installing the updated Wed Driver. I recommend downloading the driver from the nVidia site using the link above. Then, after the install and reboot, repair permissions.

Not true. There is a workaround for the system definition check. Also, no definition change/workaround needed for updating (Mine is set for an iMac). Just for installing from scratch.

EDIT: I have attached the pkg file with the hardware check disabled for those that don't already have the webdriver installed and don't want to change their SMBIOS.

Attachments

• WebDriver-343.02.02f02.pkg
    48.3 MB · Views: 361
Last edited:
Not true. There is a workaround for the system definition check. Also, no definition change/workaround needed for updating (Mine is set for an iMac). Just for installing from scratch.
That was my target audience. If you have it already installed, then most people can update from the System Preference nVidia pane. Unfortunately, updating from the Sys Pref pane hangs my computer.

That was my target audience. If you have it already installed, then most people can update from the System Preference nVidia pane. Unfortunately, updating from the Sys Pref pane hangs my computer.

Mine hung as well for a bit. I just let it sit and waited. Patience. :D

This is where mine hangs for about 30 seconds.

Screen Shot 2015-02-28 at 5.45.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-02-28 at 5.42.11 PM.png

Mine hung as well for a bit. I just let it sit and waited. Patience. :D

This is where mine hangs for about 30 seconds.

View attachment 128392

View attachment 128385

Exactly at the same spot the update hangs for me. Tried to left it for about five minutes, but nothing happen, it was just frozen. The mouse pointer was also frozen, so had to hard reset and then boot to my backup drive, as I could no longer boot on my Yosemite drive. I repaired disk permissions on my Yosemite drive, and could boot normal again, and 343.02.02f02 was installed.

I had to use the same method on all three hackintosh I have, as the update froze on all of them.

I still don't have 4k 60hz support yet with the latest NVIDIA driver!! :banghead:

Quick Question:
Does anyone knows if with Clover I can have 4k 60z on 10.10.2 with my specs?

By the way here are my specs:
GTX 980
Asus Mark 1
OS X 10.10.2
I7 4790K
Mac Pro 5.1

Depends on monitor type - SST will work, MST won't and you have to stick with 10.10.1 + 343.01.02f03
Dell UP2x14Q(2x15Q) is MST and out of luck with this driver & OS update, no signal on boot regardless bootloader or connector used.

Depends on monitor type - SST will work, MST won't and you have to stick with 10.10.1 + 343.01.02f03
Dell UP2x14Q(2x15Q) is MST and out of luck with this driver & OS update, no signal on boot regardless bootloader or connector used.

Interesting point, I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere (and I'm looking). Do you have a reference/example for this, and isn't SST limited at 30Hz ?

Still trying to figure out what the Nvidia update did to my system.

The error I am getting is USBMSC Identifier (non-unique). No boot flags seem to help. Not -f, Keats-Dev-mode=1, etc..

My only backup is Mavericks. So I'm asking again: Can I boot into Mavericks, then go into my Yosemite system and remove the Nvidia drivers manually?

If so, what do I need to remove and from where?

Thanks.

Still trying to figure out what the Nvidia update did to my system.

The error I am getting is USBMSC Identifier (non-unique).

My only backup is Mavericks. So I'm asking again: Can I boot into Mavericks, then go into my Yosemite system and remove the Nvidia drivers manually?

If so, what do I need to remove and from where?

Thanks.

Have you tried to repair disk permissions on your Yosemite drive from Mavericks?
I could not boot on my Yosemite SSD after the update (only white screen), but after repairing disk permissions, I could boot again with no problems.

Perhaps this could also be the solution to your problem.

Mercy2013,

I appreciate you resply. Verify & Repair Permissions are grayed out. I verified the disk, there were errors. I repaired it. Still both permission options are gray. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back