Contribute
Register

New kexts proposed for ProBook Installer v6.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed the realtekrtl8111 driver from here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287161-new-driver-for-realtek-rtl8111/ on my 4530s and GA based desktop (Sandy Bridge) and both works much better. I can switch between wireless and wire and back instantly. Never could do the before. Also, url access seems much faster.

It would be great if on the Probook, you could test the build here. Trying to put one build together that will work for all three ML/Lion/SL to keep ProBook installer package size down. So, it would be great if you could help us out and test the version we are trying to include in PBI. Thanks!

I installed the realtekrtl8111 driver from here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287161-new-driver-for-realtek-rtl8111/ on my 4530s and GA based desktop (Sandy Bridge) and both works much better. I can switch between wireless and wire and back instantly. Never could do the before. Also, url access seems much faster.

Confirm! Works like a charm.

I have another quastion about ProBook Installer v6.1, after install last (previous for me) beta(v4), my FN keys work only with touch FN + I have another question about ProBook Installer v6.1, after install last (but first for me) beta(v4), my FN keys work only with FN + key. And reinstall fix from ProBook Installer v6 don't help me. How i may set previously logic to FN keys (without click set Fn+key, and "do something" just click on key, like sound off)? Sorry for my english.

ProBook 4530s B0W80ES
Core i5 2450 (2500Mhz)
4GB 1333 DDR3
Boot ROM: MBP81.0047.B24

ML 10.8.3

Confirm! Works like a charm.

I have another quastion about ProBook Installer v6.1, after install last (previous for me) beta(v4), my FN keys work only with touch FN + I have another question about ProBook Installer v6.1, after install last (but first for me) beta(v4), my FN keys work only with FN + key. And reinstall fix from ProBook Installer v6 don't help me. How i may set previously logic to FN keys (without click set Fn+key, and "do something" just click on key, like sound off)? Sorry for my english.

ProBook 4530s B0W80ES
Core i5 2450 (2500Mhz)
4GB 1333 DDR3
Boot ROM: MBP81.0047.B24

ML 10.8.3

Go into SysPrefs -> Keyboard and check/then uncheck "Use F1, F2..." option.

You should report this to Zenith. Maybe he can figure it out with dumps. And you should try with different devices, etc. Maybe it is something specific to that one device. I assume no problem on wake without the device connected.

I would say that is always going to be a problem... If one device is using all available bandwidth, then things are going to lag.

yeh, i can do more testing.

can you point to a page on how to do the dumps ? or is just all the console stuff.

yeh, i can do more testing.

can you point to a page on how to do the dumps ? or is just all the console stuff.

I've only barely played with xhcdump. I'm sure Zenith will be able to tell you what dumps he'd like to see...

Go into SysPrefs -> Keyboard and check/then uncheck "Use F1, F2..." option.
It works!
Man, i love you! Thx for guide about install and all your works here on project!

New build provided 2013-04-17 -- minor changes. See change log and post #1 for description of changes.

I'm curious to find a good safe strategy for testing USB 3.0 reliability for drives.

If I get a small USB 3.0 thumb drive, like 8Gb, will its behavior mirror that of a 1Tb USB 3.0 drive?

I want to be able to predict that if I find the pattern of how to use the USB 3.0 thumb drive that is secure and reliable, that I can expect the same reliability using the same methods with the 1 Tb drive with important data (I will back this up, but it will still be very annoying if the 1Tb drive were to get corrupted).

If someone thinks this is a good approach, I will pick up a small USB 3.0 thumb drive to test with.

I'm curious to find a good safe strategy for testing USB 3.0 reliability for drives.

If I get a small USB 3.0 thumb drive, like 8Gb, will its behavior mirror that of a 1Tb USB 3.0 drive?

I want to be able to predict that if I find the pattern of how to use the USB 3.0 thumb drive that is secure and reliable, that I can expect the same reliability using the same methods with the 1 Tb drive with important data (I will back this up, but it will still be very annoying if the 1Tb drive were to get corrupted).

If someone thinks this is a good approach, I will pick up a small USB 3.0 thumb drive to test with.

It is a good way to start and a good idea to test with as many devices as you have. But be prepared to go slow at first with little to no trust. It is early days and it should be all test and no dependencies. I'm still doing my backups to USB2 because I know it works, and it just doesn't need USB3 speed-wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back