Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel, Haswell, HM87
CPU
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @2.60 GHz
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M (4GB, GDDR5)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey all,

Straight to the point, I was able to install Yosemite on my Lenovo Y50-70 touch after tons of troubleshooting a few days ago. Today, it wont boot up (pics below).

I was following the guide by RehabMan here for my specific build. I am working on triple-booting with windows 10 (already installed) OSX and ubuntu. I followed the guide to the point of installing Clover to the HDD, where i ran into more problems. I was able to solve this by using the original guide thread here only for installing clover to my SSD. Yosemite was working and I could boot in and use it at this point in the installation, no problem. I had to go to bed so paused patching things up.

Today, I updated my Ubuntu installation to boot from EFI (thus, having to reinstall that). Again, everything was working. I had to call Lenovo about a stuck pixel on this new laptop, and they had to run all their diagnostics (making sure its a hardware issue... :yawn: it is). anyways they remote connected to my laptop in windows to update 3 drivers: a chipset driver, intel display driver, and nvidia display driver. so after that was said and done, I try booting into OSX to use clover configurator: only to get a "no entry" symbol. thinking clover may have been changed from ubuntu, I tried booting from my OSX installation disk using clover: same thing. I boot into verbose mode and I got various error messages each time. one was "The IOUSBFamily did not receive enough extra current for the SuperSpeed". I also got something along the lines of waiting for root device. (sorry for no pics on these). most recently, here is what is showing:
IMG_3816.JPGIMG_3817.JPG
So after about a minute at the first picture, the text gets garbled as in the second picture.

Could this be caused by updating a chipset driver in windows? or could it be something else?

Note1: in BIOS, secure boot is disabled and SATA Controller Mode is AHCI.
Note2: I also tried booting the usb installer itself, in case I need to reinstall Yosemite entirely. same problem there.

Hey all,

Straight to the point, I was able to install Yosemite on my Lenovo Y50-70 touch after tons of troubleshooting a few days ago. Today, it wont boot up (pics below).

Bad idea to mix two different guides.

The old guide does not work with the latest Yosemite.

Follow the guide here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...e-lenovo-y50-uhd-1080p-using-clover-uefi.html

Boot from USB (prepared according to the guide) and update DSDT/kexts by following the guide. Note that FakePCIID_XHCIMux may cause issues (very little feedback so far). You might need to remove it, especially if you're booting your install from USB (possibility?)

If you have issues, read guide post #1, "Problem Reporting".

--

Also please fill out your profile (all 6 details).

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back