Asus ROG Strix z370 Gaming-E
CPU
i7 8700k
Graphics
1080 TI SC
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Guys,

Thanks for stopping by, I currently own a 4 year old PC which has the following specs

1. Intel C2D E6750 Processor
2. Asus P5K-E Motherboard
3. Nvidia GeForce 8600GT GFX
4. 3 GB Ballistix RAM (not too sure of the speed)
5. Seagate 750 GB SATA HDD (7200 rpm)
6. Western Digital 640 GB SATA HDD (7200 rpm)
additionally I have
7. ANTEC 450 watt PS
8. ANTEC Case
9. Creative X-Fi Platinum Sound Card
10. Canon MF-3240 Printer

Needs from New Hackintosh:
1. Internet
2. MS Office
3. Basic Photoshop, movies/music etc.

I'm not going to be using it for gaming so I need the most basic, least expensive version.

Please comment on the above components and suggest what things need to be upgraded and add your suggestions for the components. I do not mind having integrated graphics with the option of adding additional hardware later on.

Thanks again for stopping by...!

Not sure about the soundcard, it probably wouldn't work. Try it, see if youre lucky.

I have a Core2Quad hack Q6600 socket 775, but with an Intel DG33TL mobo. I like it and used it for production work for 6 mos.... no slouch either. It's still running and sitting here as my backup/secondary/scanning workstation.

So just give your machine and video card a try and see if you can get OSX running. Without a DSDT, you'd probably won't have sleep running.

You need a SATA DVD-RW... like a Sony Optiarc or Pioneer or LG drive. I don't see that in your list.

powerpcg5 said:
Not sure about the soundcard, it probably wouldn't work. Try it, see if youre lucky.

I have a Core2Quad hack Q6600 socket 775, but with an Intel DG33TL mobo. I like it and used it for production work for 6 mos.... no slouch either. It's still running and sitting here as my backup/secondary/scanning workstation.

So just give your machine and video card a try and see if you can get OSX running. Without a DSDT, you'd probably won't have sleep running.

You need a SATA DVD-RW... like a Sony Optiarc or Pioneer or LG drive. I don't see that in your list.

Thanks so much for the suggestions.

I do have a SATA DVD RW.
I'm not sure which installation guide should I follow to get started on this project. Any suggestions???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back