Contribute
Register

new guy need help with DSDT and MultiBest

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok thanks guy I did the changes and all is working. I did not make the change to disable NullCpuPowerManagement.kext I am not sure how to install it or where to find it yet but I was wanting to no what you use to see the temps.. So I can monitor it also.

Thanks

What you need to do now:
1.Open Multibeast and select:
-System Utilities(this repairs permissions when you install/uninstall/modify kexts)
-Drivers&Bootloaders/Kext&Enablers/Miscellaneous/FakeSMC Plugins
-OSX86 Software
After intalling all this,go to /Extra/Extensions folder and remove NullCpu"...".kext(keep a copy on desktop,just in case).After removing the kext,open KextUtlility in Applications,enter pass and wait till it completes(it does the same thing as System Utilities in MultiBeast,but you can use Kext Utlility to install additional kexts you may need,for example a WiFi Usb Adapter;all you have to do is to drag the kext you download on KextUtility and it will auto install it and then repair permissions).
Ok,so now you removed NullCpu"...".kext from Extra/Extensions folder and you repaired permissions with KextUtlility.
Now,go here http://www.islayer.com/apps/istatpro/download/ ,install it and restart.
Once booted up again,press F12 and you will see the temps of you're HDD,Cpu,MB...
After you have done all this,to go further with you're system optimization,return to Extra/Extensions folder and delete all kexts you don't need.My guess is that you only need FakeSMC and the 3 FakeSMC plugins you just installed(ACPIMonitor,IntelCPU Monitor,SuperIOFamily).After you deleted the kexts,remember to ALWAYS run KextUtility to repair permissions!

Ok NullCpu is not in my Extra/Ext... the only things that are in there are 1. ALC8xxHDA.kext
2. FakeSMC.kext and 3. IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext. I installed the islayer but it only displays the HD temp no others. No preferences to choose to add it. However I did not rerun Mulitbeast like you said since NullCpu was not there. Im going to make a clone first.

UPdate:
Ok I figured out what you were saying I just installed the FakeSMC plugins and now I got the temps. Are these ok temps?

HD F 95 C 35
CPUA F 104 C 40
CPUB F 110 C 44
CPU Heatsink F 77 C 25
NorthBridge F 113 C 45

This is perfect...so that's why you're sleep worked,because you didn't installed that in the first place.
The temps are very good,watch them when you heavily use you're computer to see how it's going...The ALC8xxxHDA is for sound...well,at this point,i think you can enjoy you're Hackintosh! :headbang:
Buy Tony a cofee,he deserves it! :D

Ok I have a new question. When I reboot my computer shuts down and then turns back on and boots up instead of just rebooting. I guess the cmos is doing a reset. Is this normal or is there a fix for this?

I have a DSDT file and the Extensions I have now are listed below
ACPIMonitor, ALC8xxHDA, FakeSMC, IntelCPUMonitor, IOAHCIBlockStorag, RadeonMonitor and SuperIOFamily.
Any ideals,

thanks

PS also cpu fan is running high all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back