Contribute
Register

New Gigabyte Z68 UEFI BIOS Betas Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
HIS 5770
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Here's a thread that we used previously to discuss the beta UEFIs. Really looking forward to hearing your experiences with these.

viewtopic.php?f=277&t=62760

You may be able to delete your DSDT.aml, and still have native power management with sleep and speedstep. After booting, try typing:

DSDT=/dev/null

To test booting OS X without a DSDT. :D

Note- I don't recommend this for new users. I have not attempted, as I don't have any of these boards, but I'm assuming this will bring native power management and DSDT-Free operation akin to the Z77/H77 boards.

See Here: viewtopic.php?t=56617&p=351874

BE WARNED!!- you MAY NOT BE ABLE TO flash back to the Award BIOS if you flash the AMI UEFI BIOS.

This could be very interesting, because i was not able to fix the USB after wake problem. Looking forward to here if the new Bios will fix this Problem.

Hi, I updated my GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3; Changed IDE to AHCI in BIOS; Boot with DSDT=/dev/null ; Downloaded MultiBeast - 4.6.1 and select Easy No-DSDT option and Audio - No-DSDT Realtek 889; Reboot and everything worked back to normal (even dual screen with NV210)

candinoman said:
Hi, I updated my GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3; Changed IDE to AHCI in BIOS; Boot with DSDT=/dev/null ; Downloaded MultiBeast - 4.6.1 and select Easy No-DSDT option and Audio - No-DSDT Realtek 889; Reboot and everything worked back to normal (even dual screen with NV210)

You should NOT need EasyBeast- that will install NullCPUPowerManagement. Just install UserDSDT without DSDT. And if you've done everything before with BIOS, you'll want to remove your current /Extra folder and go through you SLE for any non-native kexts besides FakeSMC. That's really all you'll need- we'll see about creating some new DSDTs once these UEFIs are out of beta. But for now you can use HDAEnabler and no DSDT most likely.

Also, if you overclock, these betas will probably not work as well as the current BIOS.

hope to have uefi bios for my GA-Z68X-UD7-B3...

Is there a tip to install new UEFI bios when windows isn't installed on any disk ?
Q-flash won't let me install it (checksum error). :cry:

ginz111 said:
steftrikia said:
Is there a tip to install new UEFI bios when windows isn't installed on any disk ?
Q-flash won't let me install it (checksum error). :cry:

You have to use the flash utility that comes with the download via bootable usb drive. q flash will not work.

Ok thanks !

I know it's early, but is there a general thought on whether or not it is worth upgrading? Things seem to be going fine with my system, so I'm curious how this can help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back