Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Can anyone advise as to when new customac builds will be out? I prefer those because it makes my selections much much easier.

Just curious about how often new builds are released, because I don't want to get one and a brand new build be out a few weeks later.

Thanks!

flatfoot said:
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/search/label/CustoMac

The next will probably be out after Ivy Bridge CPUs will have become available. There was also only on set of 1156 CustoMacs. I don't see a reason why it should be any different with Sandy Bridge.

Ok, thanks, just wanted to make sure that there aren't going to be any more builds for a little bit. Just out of curiosity, when are the Ivy Bridge CPUs expected?

As to what I know they'll be released in the first quarter of 2012, but you'll get better support for those CPUs in hackintoshes after Apple adopt them, too. That will probably take until mid 2012 or a bit longer.

If you want to future-proof your build with regards to Ivy Bridge, pick an Ivy Bridge compatible Sandy Bridge board now. This site has a list of such Gigabyte boards. The site is in German but it's merely about the table containing the motherboard names.

flatfoot said:
As to what I know they'll be released in the first quarter of 2012, but you'll get better support for those CPUs in hackintoshes after Apple adopt them, too. That will probably take until mid 2012 or a bit longer.

If you want to future-proof your build with regards to Ivy Bridge, pick an Ivy Bridge compatible Sandy Bridge board now. This site has a list of such Gigabyte boards. The site is in German but it's merely about the table containing the motherboard names.

Thanks so much for the help! This makes me feel much much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back