Contribute
Register

NEW 888b LegacyHDA - Digital/Analog/Headphone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aha, so I guess you'd at some point installed one of the "AppleHDA" kexts on other threads here that various people had posted. (Some of them had embedded HDAEnabler!!).

You'll want to delete the complete AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E.
And then re-install a pure version of 10.6.2, using: Multibeast>Advanced>kexts>audio>AppleHDA10.6.2.

Also check (select) SystemUtilities in Multibeast to ensure caches are rebuilt.

(Use latest Multibeast 1.1.0)

Once AppleHDA is back to "normal" then the LegacyHDA+DSDT stuff should work.

humph said:
Aha, so I guess you'd at some point installed one of the "AppleHDA" kexts on other threads here that various people had posted. (Some of them had embedded HDAEnabler!!).

You'll want to delete the complete AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E.
And then re-install a pure version of 10.6.2, using: Multibeast>Advanced>kexts>audio>AppleHDA10.6.2.

Also check (select) SystemUtilities in Multibeast to ensure caches are rebuilt.

(Use latest Multibeast 1.1.0)

Once AppleHDA is back to "normal" then the LegacyHDA+DSDT stuff should work.
Oh man... you were absolutely right on! It's working now! Thank you so much for the help.

I had installed AppleHDA from MultiBeast (1.1.0) before, but I'm guessing it didn't overwrite it. This time I deleted the files and ran just the System Utilities on MB, rebooted, and then ran MB with GigaBeast/AppleHDA/SystemUtilities.

So much frustration for something soooo simple. Thank you, once again, for your insight.

boomerx01 said:
Any updates on 10.6.4 fixes?

+1

I'm trying the above solution, but I'm not having high hopes as I've been trying for the past few hours.

+1 Here as well.

10.6.4 just wiped out my audio. I spent several hours last night just trying to get audio to work. It would be nice to get some help from the gurus. I would very much appreciate it!

Thanks in advance.

No problems here.
10.6.2 AppleHDA in S/L/E
Then ran system utilities.
Although I don't get the same nice view in SystemProfiler like tony, dunno why.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2010-06-16 um 18.59.35.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2010-06-16 um 18.59.35.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 160
Audio Fixed. 10.6.2 Rollback + some setting adjustments on my TV worked. Now if only I can get SPDIF passthrough to work... anybody know if this is possible on the 888b?

blisterpack said:
+1 Here as well.

10.6.4 just wiped out my audio. I spent several hours last night just trying to get audio to work. It would be nice to get some help from the gurus. I would very much appreciate it!

Thanks in advance.

blisterpack said:
Audio Fixed. 10.6.2 Rollback + some setting adjustments on my TV worked. Now if only I can get SPDIF passthrough to work... anybody know if this is possible on the 888b?

Yes, working fine for me with 10.6.4.

I seem to have lost my audio too. Was working fine in 10.6.3.

I tried the legacy rollback in Multibeast (with system utilities) without success.

I'm wondering if I need to clear out some old kexts.

See pic for system profiler info.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-06-24 at 6.40.56 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-06-24 at 6.40.56 PM.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 111
Lerxst said:
I seem to have lost my audio too. Was working fine in 10.6.3.

I tried the legacy rollback in Multibeast (with system utilities) without success.

I'm wondering if I need to clear out some old kexts.

See pic for system profiler info.

You should be seeing 887 in there- try the latest BIOS version and DSDT for your board. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back