Contribute
Register

Network Connection would collapse, then crash the system; on 10.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also had this problem using my Z77X-UD5H.

Using the method from post 3 and downgrading the Intel NIC kext seems to have solved my issues. Went from several freezes per day to none. Been running solid for a week so far under fairly heavy network loads.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 390
I was having the same problems with hnak 2.5.4d and frequent ethernet crashes. In my case it seems to bring down the whole LAN. Anyway reverted to an older versions and it hasn't been a problem since.

I had to use an older version of MB to install the older version as 2.5.4 is in a plugin folder /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntelE1000e.kext. Discovered you can just delete an old kext just by chucking it in the trash.

Not sure what the effect of reverting might be but haven't seen any issue so far.

Hackintosh is based on Asus P8Z77-V PRO.

/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntelE1000e.kext. Discovered you can just delete an old kext just by chucking it in the trash.

Not sure what the effect of reverting might be but haven't seen any issue so far.

It is best practice use Disk Utility and repair permissions on your drive before and after making such changes. I would recommend running it now to catch any permissions issues.

:thumbup:

Adrian B

I follow the procedure describe by OZHACK with success. Using older MultiBeast version cause kernel panic. The only problem I have is that the network is not functional at start except if I unplug and plug the network cable after logon. But no more network dropped since.

Was having same problem with my GA-Z77X-UP5-TH. Thanks for this thread, the instructions to use older kext for network driver seems to have solved my issue. Hopefully they can figure why the newer driver doesn't seem to be working and fix it.

Thanks for this post! I have a GA-Z77X-UD5H and it was bringing my entire wired network down (wifi still worked). It was the strangest thing and I had a feeling it had something to do with mavericks. I'll report back if the kext downgrade did not work...but so far so good.

Was having the same problem on my Asus Z77 Sabertooth with the exception of not having any crashes the eth0 would just quit and according to the Network System Preference the cable was unplugged. I used MultiBeast 5.5.4 to install the networking .kext and have not had any problems since. I had to do the same thing with the Audio. Well I had to install the Audio from version 6.0 and then downgrade from the 5.5.4 version other wise the Audio would corrupt after a few minutes of play back. Now everything is great and running 100%.

Can anyone upload the kext? Found a copy of 2.4.14 but still having the same issue. Can't find previous version anywhere else.

Thanks in advance

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back