Contribute
Register

neilhart's Scratch Build # 5 - a doodle for concepts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet another update.

MyElCapScr.jpg

This is my main Clover test bed and it had Yosemite 10.10.3 on the first bootable partition of the Samsung EVO 240 mSATA drive.

Yesterday I added an image of El Capitan with intention of running a pure vanilla version of the new OS X on the second partition of the mSATA drive.

This machine now has the Intel i3-4170 with HD 4400 graphics. The Yosemite installation has the FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext located in the S/L/E folder and runs very well.

However with my desire to run a vanilla El Cap, I placed those files in the Clover Kext folder for 10.11 along with FakeSMC and Ethernet kexts that you would expect.

I also conceded and updated the Clover to version 3270 and edited the config.plist to add the SIP controls:
<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x3</string>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
</dict>

I then had a both versions (10.10.3 and 10.11) booting and running very well.

However the El Cap did not have audio…. So I cheated and moved a copy of AppleHDA.kext from the Yosemite partition to the El Cap partition S/L/E. Now not vanilla but the sound plays well. I need to spend some time and find a way to get the Audio files to load and run from the EFI Clover folder.

Not being a Yosemite or El Cap fan, I probably won’t spend much time with the early releases of El Cap.

What does all of this mean? Well that Clover is probably the way to go from now on. Tony and his team have done a great job at providing the needed information and tools to assist the community with El Capitan, IMHO.

Good modding,
neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back