Contribute
Register

neilhart's LOL - a mini G5 PM? No, just for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an update:

I have completed the revised front panel adding the USB2, USB3 and Audio ports along with a reset switch.

The front panel now is removable to facilitate connecting the USB2 and Audio cables to the panel assembly. The USB3 cables are fixed to the front panel and plug into the motherboard USB3 socket.

R1.jpg

This is my hand made front panel as I had second thoughts about the cost of a machined version.

At this point I see this project as being complete.

Good modding,
neil

Lovely workmanship Neil as always. I was worried the front panel might spoil the neat look of this little gem, but it has done quite the opposite.

Excellent job.

Lovely workmanship Neil as always. I was worried the front panel might spoil the neat look of this little gem, but it has done quite the opposite.

Excellent job.

minihack - thank you for the kind comment. I was really surprised how much the first front panel, with the power switch and LEDs off the center line of the panel, annoyed me.

And thanks for the tips on the BenFenix panels. I am very happy with the quality of the BenFenix parts and have an "extra" white Prodigy case waiting for an excuse to bring it up in some project.

I am down to two old dead G5 Power Macs in my garage and was toying with idea of making up 4 of these LOLs cases just to get back the space consumed by the old gear. I guess that is for another day.

Good modding,
neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back