CPU
Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX950
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I shared my Verboose screenshot + Clover folder + DSDT dump (Clover F4 and RWEverything) + AIDA64 report here:
https://app.box.com/s/8f85vawzcik238kh4gzx6vwpk1gc0l03

The USB installer boots and stucked at "using 64-bit bootcache playlist" while trying to install the 2nd public build of macOS Sierra 10.12.1. Wondering whether anyone would love to offer some help on troubleshooting possible issues.

P.S.: I am aware that the current WIFI module is not compatible with macOS. But that is out of the issue I am going to troubleshoot at this moment.

Is this not solvable?

I shared my Verboose screenshot + Clover folder + DSDT dump (Clover F4 and RWEverything) + AIDA64 report here:
https://app.box.com/s/8f85vawzcik238kh4gzx6vwpk1gc0l03

The USB installer boots and stucked at "using 64-bit bootcache playlist" while trying to install the 2nd public build of macOS Sierra 10.12.1. Wondering whether anyone would love to offer some help on troubleshooting possible issues.

P.S.: I am aware that the current WIFI module is not compatible with macOS. But that is out of the issue I am going to troubleshoot at this moment.

Your EFI/Clover has a lot of nonsense.
NullCPU is never needed with Clover.
Why XHCI-x99-injector.kext... your system is not X99 is it?
Get rid of LPCSensors.kext, GPUSensors.kext, ACPISensors.kext, and CPUSensors.kext. These kexts are not needed.
FakeSMC.kext is very old. Use a current kext.
Recommend IntelMausiEthernet.kext over AppleIntelE1000e.kext.

Remove OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi. Use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi instead.

You should be certain the IONVMeFamily patches you have in config.plist match the version of IONVMeFamily.kext you're using. I didn't check them. Correct patches are at my github.

You have incorrect SIP settings. CsrActiveConfig should be 0x67. You have 0x3.

The AppleAPIC patch does not apply to current versions of macOS/OS X. Remove.

nvda_drv=1 is nonsense for installation. No possibility to have the Nvidia web drivers until post-install.

You may need to inject a proper ig-platform-id (assuming Intel graphics enabled).

Also use 10.12.1 final.

Your EFI/Clover has a lot of nonsense.
NullCPU is never needed with Clover.
Why XHCI-x99-injector.kext... your system is not X99 is it?
Get rid of LPCSensors.kext, GPUSensors.kext, ACPISensors.kext, and CPUSensors.kext. These kexts are not needed.
FakeSMC.kext is very old. Use a current kext.
Recommend IntelMausiEthernet.kext over AppleIntelE1000e.kext.

Remove OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi. Use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi instead.

You should be certain the IONVMeFamily patches you have in config.plist match the version of IONVMeFamily.kext you're using. I didn't check them. Correct patches are at my github.

You have incorrect SIP settings. CsrActiveConfig should be 0x67. You have 0x3.

The AppleAPIC patch does not apply to current versions of macOS/OS X. Remove.

nvda_drv=1 is nonsense for installation. No possibility to have the Nvidia web drivers until post-install.

You may need to inject a proper ig-platform-id (assuming Intel graphics enabled).

Also use 10.12.1 final.

As your request, I removed unnecessary kexts and updated necessary ones.
IONVMeFamily is from the patch you offered on your GitHub, corresponding to macOS 10.12.1;
My current system installer on my USB3 drive is 16B2657, please let me know if it is not supposed to be made by UniBeast.
This BRIX has no intel integrated graphics.

However, the issue still exists (stucked at the same place). Wondering what shall I do next.

As your request, I removed unnecessary kexts and updated necessary ones.
IONVMeFamily is from the patch you offered on your GitHub, corresponding to macOS 10.12.1;
My current system installer on my USB3 drive is 16B2657, please let me know if it is not supposed to be made by UniBeast.
This BRIX has no intel integrated graphics.

However, the issue still exists (stucked at the same place). Wondering what shall I do next.

I would need to see your current configuration.

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

I would need to see your current configuration.

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

I updated the EFI/Clover folder prior to your reply (that's why the embedded theme folder is included).
Now I updated the verboose photo. All these files are downloadable through the link I posted in my 1st post.

N.B.: My current hardware configuration is listed in the Aida64 file.

I updated the EFI/Clover folder prior to your reply (that's why the embedded theme folder is included).
Now I updated the verboose photo. All these files are downloadable through the link I posted in my 1st post.

N.B.: My current hardware configuration is listed in the Aida64 file.

You ignored my advice regarding OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi (you have OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi).
You also ignored my advice regarding CPUSensors.kext (it is still present and does not match the version of FakeSMC.kext!)

From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?
You should try all USB ports, both with USB2 and USB3 sticks.
The port limit patch can cause problems as well as solve them. Same goes for USBInjectAll.kext (especially without proper configuration).

You ignored my advice regarding OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi (you have OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi).
You also ignored my advice regarding CPUSensors.kext (it is still present and does not match the version of FakeSMC.kext!)

From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?
You should try all USB ports, both with USB2 and USB3 sticks.
The port limit patch can cause problems as well as solve them. Same goes for USBInjectAll.kext (especially without proper configuration).

Sorry I didn't notice that your file name has lack of "2". I now placed the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and removed the CPUSensors.kext.

macOS installer is downloaded from Mac App Store; USB Installer created on my MacBook Pro early-2015. Both USB2 and USB3 sticks are tried. Today I even recreated installers on my USB sticks through createinstallmedia in lieu of unibeast.

I previously tried the powered USB3 port only, and it only stucks at "using 64-bit bootcache playlist" (this time I tried my USB2 stick on it, too, and it shows the same error as what I met previously); This time I also tried other USB3 ports and it stucked & crashed at different steps: From the messages shown up in IMG_1722 / 1723 / 1724 I guess that my BRIX has more USB ports than 26.

Current Clover configurations and Verboose Photos are available at (still the previous download address): https://app.box.com/s/8f85vawzcik238kh4gzx6vwpk1gc0l03

# EOF.

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't notice that your file name has lack of "2". I now placed the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and removed the CPUSensors.kext.

macOS installer is downloaded from Mac App Store; USB Installer created on my MacBook Pro early-2015. Both USB2 and USB3 sticks are tried. Today I even recreated installers on my USB sticks through createinstallmedia in lieu of unibeast.

I previously tried the powered USB3 port only, and it only stucks at "using 64-bit bootcache playlist" (this time I tried my USB2 stick on it, too, and it shows the same error as what I met previously); This time I also tried other USB3 ports and it stucked & crashed at different steps: From the messages shown up in IMG_1722 / 1723 / 1724 I guess that my BRIX has more USB ports than 26.

Current Clover configurations and Verboose Photos are available at (still the previous download address): https://app.box.com/s/8f85vawzcik238kh4gzx6vwpk1gc0l03

# EOF.

The port limit patch you have in your config.plist is for 10.11. Not effective with 10.12.

Not valid to use the _OSI->XOSI patch without the SSDT that implements the XOSI method.

The port limit patch you have in your config.plist is for 10.11. Not effective with 10.12.

Not valid to use the _OSI->XOSI patch without the SSDT that implements the XOSI method.
Files updated with most-recent verboose photos (same download address as above).
Clover config now uses the proper port-limit patch for 10.12.x;
I compiled the SSDT-XOSI.dsl into aml using MaciASL and threw it into Clover/ACPI/Patched.

Tested that USB2 stick (whatever powered port or not) and USB3 stick (non-powered port) are showing the issue addressed in my 1st post; meanwhile, USB3 stick on the powered USB port stucked at different place, despite the success of bypassing the port limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back