Contribute
Register

need some assistance, iboot won't boot - H61N-USB3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi totenkopf4,
thanks for posting.

For my latest try at installing (detailed in my last post), i did use the same LiteOn DVD burner for both machines. It was connected through SATA 2 port on the mavericks install (H77 chipset) for the burn of the iboot CD and also verification in disk utility, which is where the screen capture was taken.

Then the DVD burner was removed and swapped over to the H61 chipset board and plugged into the SATA 2 number 1 port, SSD was SATA 2 number 0. Since there is no operating system or what-not, therefore the camera photo to illustrate what happened.

The CD-RW is 4X maximum burn speed, i bought at a bookstore close by. The DVD-RW is also 4X maximum, hummmp ! Any difference or advantage if i burn iboot to DVD instead ? i might try burning some other stuff (memtest and such) to see if it works, but i'm quite sure there's no problem with the burner itself. It just sits in it's box and i use it perhaps twice a year when i get some audio CDs.

erm...
i don't use windows particularly, but if need be, i can try installing it for the purpose of burning iboot. It just seems a bit weird that it would burn better in windows than on OSX, i have always thought it to be the same either way. At this point, i might just go see the local distro and check if i have any hardware compatibility issues.

Going Bald,
thanks very much for your kind assistance.

i will have a more detailed read through before i decide what to do. As is quite obvious, i'm not exactly comfortable in terminal.

me has not enough posts for messages it seems...

Hi totenkopf4,
thanks for posting.

For my latest try at installing (detailed in my last post), i did use the same LiteOn DVD burner for both machines. It was connected through SATA 2 port on the mavericks install (H77 chipset) for the burn of the iboot CD and also verification in disk utility, which is where the screen capture was taken.

Then the DVD burner was removed and swapped over to the H61 chipset board and plugged into the SATA 2 number 1 port, SSD was SATA 2 number 0. Since there is no operating system or what-not, therefore the camera photo to illustrate what happened.

The CD-RW is 4X maximum burn speed, i bought at a bookstore close by. The DVD-RW is also 4X maximum, hummmp ! Any difference or advantage if i burn iboot to DVD instead ? i might try burning some other stuff (memtest and such) to see if it works, but i'm quite sure there's no problem with the burner itself. It just sits in it's box and i use it perhaps twice a year when i get some audio CDs.

erm...
i don't use windows particularly, but if need be, i can try installing it for the purpose of burning iboot. It just seems a bit weird that it would burn better in windows than on OSX, i have always thought it to be the same either way. At this point, i might just go see the local distro and check if i have any hardware compatibility issues.

Going Bald,
thanks very much for your kind assistance.

i will have a more detailed read through before i decide what to do. As is quite obvious, i'm not exactly comfortable in terminal.

me has not enough posts for messages it seems...

Use CD for iBoot, not DVD. I found that disk utility did not burn iBoot satisfactorily. I used an app called Burn - http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/21992/burn which is free or Titanium Toast, which is most definitely not free.

Nice Program G.B.

White ...

Also if you're using the same ODD then are you using the same SATA cable... they have been know to fail or not hold the connector and sloppy cable could do this to you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back