Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
First, hi everyone:)

I've long wanted to build myself a mac in a powermac (G5) case, and finally got my hand on a pristine one yesterday. I've pretty much decided on the 3570K (Unless someone has a very good argument against it) and a 670 graphics card. My problem is the motherboard. I'd like to have one with firewire so the front panel on my case will be complete.

So I'm looking for the following from my motherboard:
- m-ATX
- 16x Pci-E. Sli/CF not needed.
- 1x Pci-E for wlan/bt.
- At least two sata 600 for ssd
- Preferably 4 extra sata with raid support.
- Firewire for front panel. If not possible, this is not a dealbreaker.
- Usb 3.0 support.
- Overclocking support.
- Preferable angled sata connectors.

And of course; the best possible support for custom osx installation. I'll install an original apple bt module in the case, the wifi will probably be a pci card.

Would it be possible to get a mobo with thunderbolt support so I could use the '27 tb monitor from Apple?

Thanks in advance.

edit: price is not an issue.

First, hi everyone:)

I've long wanted to build myself a mac in a powermac (G5) case, and finally got my hand on a pristine one yesterday. I've pretty much decided on the 3570K (Unless someone has a very good argument against it) and a 670 graphics card. My problem is the motherboard. I'd like to have one with firewire so the front panel on my case will be complete.

So I'm looking for the following from my motherboard:
- m-ATX
- 16x Pci-E. Sli/CF not needed.
- 1x Pci-E for wlan/bt.
- At least two sata 600 for ssd
- Preferably 4 extra sata with raid support.
- Firewire for front panel. If not possible, this is not a dealbreaker.
- Usb 3.0 support.
- Overclocking support.
- Preferable angled sata connectors.

And of course; the best possible support for custom osx installation. I'll install an original apple bt module in the case, the wifi will probably be a pci card.

Would it be possible to get a mobo with thunderbolt support so I could use the '27 tb monitor from Apple?

Thanks in advance.

edit: price is not an issue.

Since you know what you want, just look though http://www.tonymacx86.com/344-building-customac-buyer-s-guide-april-2013.html and find a board with the features you where asking for. The GA-z77x-ud5h will prolly do the job for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back