CPU
i7-2760QM
Graphics
HD 3000
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey guys,

So I have some issues trying to install Windows on my SSD. I am doing this on a probook 4530s

I followed the guide for multibooting on the same drive http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

Up until the point where I have to install windows first, I run into the issue of "Windows Setup could not configure Windows on this computer’s hardware".

I am still investigating on this issue since I seem to get this error on any drive (SSD or HDD). I'm not sure why my computer is acting up or if MAC OS X installer had something to do with it.

For reference, tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a-22.html#220

Thanks for the help!

Hey guys,

So I have some issues trying to install Windows on my SSD. I am doing this on a probook 4530s

I followed the guide for multibooting on the same drive http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

Up until the point where I have to install windows first, I run into the issue of "Windows Setup could not configure Windows on this computer’s hardware".

I am still investigating on this issue since I seem to get this error on any drive (SSD or HDD). I'm not sure why my computer is acting up or if MAC OS X installer had something to do with it.

For reference, tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a-22.html#220

Thanks for the help!

Are you using a retail Windows image?

Yep, I'm using the Windows 7 SP1 Media refresh image, untouched, directly from Microsoft digital download service, digital river. Am I supposed to use a patched Microsoft Windows since it doesn't like it when I try to setup a hackintosh?

Also, I tried to do undo the partitions I created with the Disk utility from the OS X installer using Gparted and after I made the drive into a MBR with 1 regular ntfs partition, I tried to setup Windows on it and strangely, I get the same error where Microsoft gives me the error about my hardware... I'm so confused and upset at my laptop. :banghead:

Yep, I'm using the Windows 7 SP1 Media refresh image, untouched, directly from Microsoft digital download service, digital river. Am I supposed to use a patched Microsoft Windows since it doesn't like it when I try to setup a hackintosh?

Also, I tried to do undo the partitions I created with the Disk utility from the OS X installer using Gparted and after I made the drive into a MBR with 1 regular ntfs partition, I tried to setup Windows on it and strangely, I get the same error where Microsoft gives me the error about my hardware... I'm so confused and upset at my laptop. :banghead:

Make sure you created the USB with the "Win7 USB Download Tool" from Microsoft.

Make sure you're booting the installation media in legacy mode.

If you edit in Linux gparted, you will need to run gptsync to re-create the hybrid MBR/GPT.

I believed I used another USB tool, one made for linux but it definitely supported Microsoft Windows 7 onto usb.

The thing is though, the USB installation before used to work but now it won't work. I guess it doesn't hurt to try using the Microsoft USB tool program though I think last time I tried to do it, it refused to accept my Windows 7 ISO, saying that it wasn't the right file though it should be untouched and genuine,

Also, for booting the installation in legacy mode, what do you mean by that? Do you mean make sure UEFI Bios is off?

I'll try gptsync, hopefully that should do the trick.

thanks for your help

Also, for booting the installation in legacy mode, what do you mean by that? Do you mean make sure UEFI Bios is off?

That is one way...

Yep, it was off before the time I installed it, still the same effect unfortunately :(

Anyway, I've gone ahead and going to try out Windows 8 just for testing.

If all goes well, then I will have to figure out whats wrong with my Win 7 usb installer and then will have to try setting up the mac os x partition again.

Update: Well, Windows 8 works with no issues (booting from a DVD via my usb dvd drive). Well, that only means something is wrong with my flash drive, strange though. I also have a Win 7 dvd, so I guess i should use that if I ever feel like using win 7. Well anyway, I guess I'm all set now, I'll just have to re-do what I in the beginning to prepare for Mac OS X, thanks again rehab!

Also, on another note, if you remembered when I posted on the CPU upgrade list, I manage to get the i7-2760qm processor to work on my laptop, it was just a bad chip, thats all. so it is compatible with the probook 4530s. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back