Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

My old mobo somehow got damaged during a power outage. So I bought all new parts except HDD and power supply.

New parts include:
intel i5 2500k
Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.3 with F10 BIOS
Gigabyte HD6850 1GB
Corsair DDR3 Vengence 16gb

Old:
750gb Black HDD
Enermax 720w PSU

I requested and recieved CustomBeast. Wipe my HDD and followed the instructions:
1. Follow all Tips & Recommendations
2. Install using iBoot + Retail Snow Leopard DVD 10.6.3
3. Boot with iBoot
4. Set up Computer (if you have a Sandy Bridge System- use UpdateHelper)
5. Run Combo Update - DON’T REBOOT
6. Run CustomBeast
7. Reboot

No go. Won't boot properly. Then I realize I stated I had BIOS F9 during my request for my CustomBeast. So I decided to use iBoot+MultiBeast install instead and followed the instructions listed here: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html.
Although I don't see the "Welcome" video, I am able to boot into Snow Leopard at this point. I download and install UpdateHelper (is that "running" it? I get that it installed correctly.) and I open MultiBeast and begin to run Mac OS X 10.6.8 Combo Update.
When the combo update get to "Moving things into place" with "about one minute remaining" I get the black screen that says: "Your system needs a restart...Please hold the power button down for 4 seconds...".

Please help... :banghead:

ello.

with that mobo everything should be really easy, it took me 1 try to get it all working without any major probs.
if SataHDD - in bios set it to AHCI and Hpet to x64
Dont use the update helper if it will run without. I never had to run that.
Simply open multibeast, Run the 10.6.8 updater and then run multibeast.
Reboot back with iboot after that! and run multibeast again to make sure.. (user dsdt which you place on the desktop)
There is a F9/F10 (which one you need) dsdt file to get from here http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt.php# Use that one.

use 4gb mem for install (recommended for the install to go smoother)

i looked up your graphics card on this page http://www.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.php/Graphics_Card_Database i see 2 of them.. pls check the page and make a note of those settings

in multibeast dont select lnx2mac network.. instead of that.. select realtek gigabit ethernet option.

if it hangs on boot, try to boot with -v first to see what error it gives.

Goodluck!

Cheers!

Don't use the combo update or update helper?

sorry! my bad.. i meant dont use the update helper if its not needed.. so try without it first.

i edited the post

cheers!

Skip Update helper.
UpdateCombo does not finish. Gives "Computer needs restart error".
Will not boot into SL O/S.
Run verbose.
Last few lines I get:
Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOAPCIFamily, v1.3: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present.
Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily, v2.6.5: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present.
** Device in SLOT--1 **
SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload
SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload

its weird cause if i read it correctly.. everything went ok untill starting the update?
are you sure the update file is ok?

also, do you have an onboard graphics card? if so see this post.
SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload -> (http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25415)

i'm out of options at the moment.. but i'll try to find what i can.
there should be alot of posts on this forum to get you through this.

Goodluck

cheers!

Changed onboard VGA setting.
Run verbose.
Now the last few lines I get are:
Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOAPCIFamily, v1.3: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present.
Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily, v2.6.5: a loaded copy with a different executable UUID is already present.
** Device in SLOT--1 **

Still won't boot into O/S.
Attempted reinstall grey wheel spun 72 time at Apple screen. Greyscreen comes up Colored wheel spins 15-20 seconds and computer shutdown.

During reinstall attempt:
cdboot: BIOS disk read error at sector: 00002DFD
cdboot: error

Going create a new iBoot CD.

Burnt new CD takes a long time to mount and boot from the CD.
First attempt to install grey wheel spun over 300 times. I powered it down
second attempt grey wheel spun 62 time before install screen appeared.

Since changing onboard VGA option from AUTO to Enbable only if no I cannot install Snow Leopard.
Got an error that stated it could not install the needed files please restart.

I'm done for tonight....I may attempt it again tomorrow... :banghead: :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back