Contribute
Register

Need Driver for Nvidia Geforce 210

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

I just installed a fresh copy of MacOSX 10.7 with the same graphic card. I couldn't get it working in 10.7, but I upgrade to 10.7.2 (with MacOSXUpdCombo10.7.2 and using rboot with -x) and then it worked OOB :eek: :eek:, no need to configure anything.

Hope it will help you, it took me lots of days to figure this out :crazy:

-- update --
I'm not sure if QE/CI is enabled, quite a newbee in Hackintosh, sorry :oops:

Dani.

dpecos said:
Hello

I just installed a fresh copy of MacOSX 10.7 with the same graphic card. I couldn't get it working in 10.7, but I upgrade to 10.7.2 (with MacOSXUpdCombo10.7.2 and using rboot with -x) and then it worked OOB :eek: :eek:, no need to configure anything.

Hope it will help you, it took me lots of days to figure this out :crazy:

-- update --
I'm not sure if QE/CI is enabled, quite a newbee in Hackintosh, sorry :oops:

Dani.

Thank you Dani.

Another story here. QE/CI seems to be enabled (tested via ripple effect on Dashboard). However i'm under impression that graphics runs at low FPS. Mission Control and Application menu are sluggish. Window dragging is not smooth and dropping frames.

Any ideas how to improve performance? Might as well try to downgrade to Snow Leopard.

ASUS EN210 512MB DDR2
Lion 10.7.3
GraphicsEnabler + DSDT

I also got Geforce GTX460, it is recognized, works, but -- same problems.

Update: performance issue has been solved by deleting /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext

Thanks for that update. It works perfect now

rufio said:
Update: performance issue has been solved by deleting /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext

thanks for update.. worked well :)

Though simple removal of the kext works, the graphics adapter seems to fall asleep very often and GUI starts to lag briefly. :thumbdown:

I think I found a more elegant solution which does not involve deletion of AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext.

1. Open /S/L/E/AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Info.plist. Make sure you have write permissions.[/*:m:1wdex06d]
  2. Find the line containing "Vendor10deDevice05e2". This is the device id of NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260.[/*:m:1wdex06d]
  3. Copy the whole block starting with <key> and ending with </key>[/*:m:1wdex06d]
  4. Check your system ID in smbios.plist. For instance, mine looks like
    Code:
    <key>SMproductname</key>
    <string>iMac12,2</string>
    [/*:m:1wdex06d]
  5. Find this system ID (iMac12,2 in my case) in Info.plist. Paste the selected <key>...</key> block below the start of the section.[/*:m:1wdex06d]
  6. Edit the Device ID: replace "Vendor10deDevice05e2" with "Vendor10deDevice0a65" which is the Device ID of GeForce 210.[/*:m:1wdex06d]
  7. Save Info.plist and run Kext Utility to repair permissions. [/*:m:1wdex06d]
  8. Reboot.[/*:m:1wdex06d]

I got a ASUS 1GB GF210 running OOB with lion 10.7.3 (except you have to add graphics enabler)

But after I got my resolution as I want, but I think the whole system is a little slow after this (was faster before i enabled graphics)

Ok, I have the exact the same card, im about to update to 10.7.2. but what i want to know, and would like to know if any of you have done this yet. dose the card retain all capabilities oob with 10.7.4 if you update directly from 10.7.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back