Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone,

I am a rookie in hardware. I write this post to ask your help to recommend me to build my CustoMac. I have read this article . I prefer core i5 but not K because i do not need OC and at my country, motherboard GA-Z77N-WIFI is not available, can i find other one to replace and do i need ? In addition, i will choose the GTX 650 Ti Boost for my system. I would like to install window 8 pro with running visual studio 2012, photoshop cs 6, playing video full HD and Hackintosh for my system and can play some games such as: pro evolution soccer 13, diablo III, starcraft II, dota 2 . Do my CustoMac afford that ?

Please, give me some advice. I am looking for your answer.
Thanks in advance !

Hello everyone,

I am a rookie in hardware. I write this post to ask your help to recommend me to build my CustoMac. I have read this article . I prefer core i5 but not K because i do not need OC and at my country, motherboard GA-Z77N-WIFI is not available, can i find other one to replace and do i need ? In addition, i will choose the GTX 650 Ti Boost for my system. I would like to install window 8 pro with running visual studio 2012, photoshop cs 6, playing video full HD and Hackintosh for my system and can play some games such as: pro evolution soccer 13, diablo III, starcraft II, dota 2 . Do my CustoMac afford that ?

Please, give me some advice. I am looking for your answer.
Thanks in advance !

You can choose another MOBO from the list, and put in a wifi card, if the chosen MOBO has a PCI/PCI-E slot for it. The GTX 650 Ti will do fine with the games that you mention. I am not that familiar with visual studio, or cs 6 so I can't say if that will be enough. A core i5 will do fine, I'm running with the i5-3570k and it's very powerful.

You can choose another MOBO from the list, and put in a wifi card, if the chosen MOBO has a PCI/PCI-E slot for it. The GTX 650 Ti will do fine with the games that you mention. I am not that familiar with visual studio, or cs 6 so I can't say if that will be enough. A core i5 will do fine, I'm running with the i5-3570k and it's very powerful.
Thanks for your help, dahsoup. But I wonder about the heat of cpu and graphic card as i know both i5-3570k and GTX 650 Ti boost are OC things, so the temperature may be higher than other system without them. Is it correct ? I usually work on my PC all day that why I care about the temperature, do I need cooler for my machine if I use i5-3570k and Gtx 650 Ti boost ?

Thanks for your help, dahsoup. But I wonder about the heat of cpu and graphic card as i know both i5-3570k and GTX 650 Ti boost are OC things, so the temperature may be higher than other system without them. Is it correct ? I usually work on my PC all day that why I care about the temperature, do I need cooler for my machine if I use i5-3570k and Gtx 650 Ti boost ?

OK lets get one thing straight. The ''k'' in 3570K means that this cpu is unlocked, and that you therefore have the option of turning up the clock speed. You can do this on a non ''K'' cpu as well, but not nearly as much. If you choose to over clock your cpu, then yes you will need a cooler. But if you're not gonna OC, the cpu will do fine @ stock speed with stock cooler. The 3570k and non K are almost the same @ stock speed.
I don't know the ''Boost'' version, but I will assume that it is factory OC'ed, which means that the clock speed is turned at bit op when you get it(like 10% more or less). That will give you a little bit better performance, and also the choice the OC it even more. I have a GTX660 Ti in a factory OC version, and it doesn't get that hot. But you should have a case with a decent airflow, as you should with any card. Often those cards got extra fans, and they are under full warranty so you have nothing to worry about.
So unless you over clock those components yourself, you will be fine without cooler.

thanks for your clarification, Dahsoup. It absolutely make me clear now. Thanks again ! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back