Graphics
MSI GeForce GTX 670 Power Edition
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey, I've known the concept of a Hackintosh for a long time, I've also done a little research. Since I am buying a new rig now, I'd like to make it a hackintosh (seems quite interesting).. The hardware is as follows -

Intel Core i7 3770K
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 (I've heard there are issues with this certain board, can some of you suggest an ASUS Motherboard that will do?)
16GB (2x8GB) 1600MHz G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3
WD Black 1TB 7200RPM SATA III 6Gb/sec
NZXT Phantom 410 (I don't know if that helps :lol: )

So, before I ordered any components i thought I'd run it by you guys so I don't end uo wasting my time and money..
Thanks in advance!

You will probably want to pick an Asus board that has a patched EFI available for full compatibility. There is a database here for that: http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/asus/

My opinion is that most of their motherboards are simply not worth the addition cost of carrying the Asus name. Their quality and support isn't any better than most other major motherboard suppliers.

Hey, I've known the concept of a Hackintosh for a long time, I've also done a little research. Since I am buying a new rig now, I'd like to make it a hackintosh (seems quite interesting).. The hardware is as follows -

Intel Core i7 3770K
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 (I've heard there are issues with this certain board, can some of you suggest an ASUS Motherboard that will do?)
16GB (2x8GB) 1600MHz G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3
WD Black 1TB 7200RPM SATA III 6Gb/sec
NZXT Phantom 410 (I don't know if that helps :lol: )

So, before I ordered any components i thought I'd run it by you guys so I don't end up wasting my time and money..
Thanks in advance!

Are you determined to get an Asus motherboard? Because if not I would say it may be better for you to get a Gigabyte motherboard like the GA-Z77X-UD5H as your first entry into the land of hackintosh.

Are you determined to get an Asus motherboard? Because if not I would say it may be better for you to get a Gigabyte motherboard like the GA-Z77X-UD5H as your first entry into the land of hackintosh.

Ya, I read a few threads and saw that it's best to choose Gigabyte and I changed my preference to the GA-Z77X-UD5H.. And I've chosen to take 8GB of memory and not 16GB to save up for an OCZ Vertex 4 128GB SSD. I plan on upgrading it to 16GB later on. Thanks for your answer!

You will probably want to pick an Asus board that has a patched EFI available for full compatibility. There is a database here for that: http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/asus/

My opinion is that most of their motherboards are simply not worth the addition cost of carrying the Asus name. Their quality and support isn't any better than most other major motherboard suppliers.

Well I was pretty hell-bent on getting ASUS ( :banghead: ) , but since I did some research I chose to go for Gigabyte's GA-Z77X-UD5H rather than the Sabertooth Z77. Thanks for the answer!

Good choice on going with an SSD. Even if the motherboard you were going to buy is faster, than a cheaper motherboard, you're probably not going to notice it in daily use. What you will notice is the speed of an SSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back