Contribute
Register

NEC/Renesas USB 3.0 Drivers not working on ML?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "fix" work for me but ONLY after deleting the IOUSBAttachedSCSI.kext like 8086 suggest in the #18 post.

I have no idea what this kext do, maybe someone can answer this question...

My USB3.0 HD is plug for more than 24hours now and it is working just great without any disconnection as it will happen sometime in Lion...
I got speed around 92MB/s in read and write...

Test all my other USB hardware and all are working...

Did you see a a lot of error messages in the Console app (as mentioned by katiebug2u)?

Dell Inspiron 17R N7110 running OSX ML 10.8.0 Retail:

I had USB3 working for a while with just "PXHCD.kext" from Multibeast but at some point the ports stopped showing devices in System Info. The ports themselves were still giving / getting power but no device would actually work.

Using "IOUSBFamily.kext" and "IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext" from DP3 fixed my problems (probably files from this thread but I got them at this link):
http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2870

I didn't have to remove "IOUSBAttachedSCSI.kext". I didn't have to make any changes to "PXHCD.kext" - Multibeast and the link above use the same file anyway.

Thanks much for the info / fix.

Dell Inspiron 17R N7110 running OSX ML 10.8.0 Retail:

I had USB3 working for a while with just "PXHCD.kext" from Multibeast but at some point the ports stopped showing devices in System Info. The ports themselves were still giving / getting power but no device would actually work.

Using "IOUSBFamily.kext" and "IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext" from DP3 fixed my problems (probably files from this thread but I got them at this link):
http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2870

I didn't have to remove "IOUSBAttachedSCSI.kext". I didn't have to make any changes to "PXHCD.kext" - Multibeast and the link above use the same file anyway.

Thanks much for the info / fix.
I need to note that while the above fix worked for me, the USB audio devices that I use (midi devices) were not being picked up correctly in the "Audio MIDI Setup" program that configures MIDI devices on the mac. I was forced to go back to the original "IOUSBFamily.kext" and "IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext" files that I had from the original install.

For some reason (thankfully) my USB3 ports are working again, so somehow the change / revert fixed my original problem.

In case anyone missed it, Multibeast has a new, caldigit based USB 3.0 driver for us non-intel USB 3.0 people. And so far its is working amazingly well with my etron based motherboard. So much better than the old lacie based driver. First of all i have put back the original 10.8 USB drivers. The new USB 3.0 driver in multibeast works just fine with them. Second of all, whereas with the old driver i used to struggle to get multiple devices plugged in at once, or sometimes have to reboot to get ports working, this new driver seems to work flawlessly so far. No more connection issues, no more disconnects, no more struggle to get all 4 ports working at once. simply awesome.
g\

It doesn't work for me.
I have a Gigabyte X58A-UD3R. I don't know if anyone with this motherboard work correctly.
It shows a USB Super-Speed Bus, but no usb connected recognizes it.

It doesn't work for me.
I have a Gigabyte X58A-UD3R. I don't know if anyone with this motherboard work correctly.
It shows a USB Super-Speed Bus, but no usb connected recognizes it.

I have the same thing no my board, Gigabyte X581-UD7 Rev 2.0. It shows Super Speed USB, but nothing is seen when connected.

Here are the Fixes that I've came accross.

1) Use the USB driver from MultiBeast 4.6.1 (Yes on ML)

2) after the update to 10.8.1 Mine worked without any kexts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back